Anna van der Heyde1
F, #12542, b. circa 1700
|NGK (Cape Town) Marriages1665-1695||NGK (Cape Town) Marriages 1665-1695|
|NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732||NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732|
|Marriage*||Anna van der Heyde married Jan Jansz von Böllen on 26 November 1719 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town).2|
|Jan Jansz von Böllen b. c 1695|
|Duplicate?*||It is possible that Anna van de Caep van Christina and Anna van der Heyde are the same individual. However, in my view this is unlikely. It would be very unusual for a woman in this period (enslaved or free) to have her first child at about age 27- or 28-years-old which Anna van der Heyde/Heijde would have been when her first child, her daughter Anna van Beulen was born. When seeking Anna van Beulen's emancipation in 1724, her mother said she was aged 9, therefor born ca 1714/15.3|
|Slave Births||Circa 1700, Anna van der Heyde was born in bondage de Caep de Goede Hoop, in 1724 she said her daughter was a slave in the Slave Lodge, ie a company-owned which means Anna may also have been a company owned slave at some point prior to her marriage in 1719.3,1|
|Slave Emancipations||In 1724 Anna van der Heyde applied for the manumission of her daughter Anna van Beulen who at the time was a 9-year-old in the Slave Lodge. It is assumed that the application was successful because in May 1735 her daughter married which she could not have done if she had still been enslaved. Anna van der Heijde offered the "healthy" slave Januarij van Mallebaar in exchange for her daughter's freedom. However he is recorded as part of the estate of her husband Willem Stolts in 1750, suggesting that this exchange was ultimately not enforced.3|
- [S153] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 1 A-C, HSRC SA Genealogies (Pretoria: Institute for Historical Research, Division Genealogical Research, Pretoria, 1986, 1989), ISBN 0-620-23962-X, p.211. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 1.
- [S733] VC 621, NGK Marriage Registers 1713-1756 (Cape Town) transcribed by Corney Keller: 26 9b:r  Jan Jansz, van Dithmarschen, jongm: en Anna vander Heijde, van Cabo de Goede Hoop., (1713-1756), Cape Town Archives Repository, Private Bag X9025, Cape Town, South Africa, 021-4624050. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1713-1756 (Cape Town).
- [S211] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Requesten (Memorials) 1715 - 1806 Vol I A-E, H.C.V. Leibrandt; CD-ROM (Cape Town, South Africa: Cape Times Limited, Government Printers, Keerom Street, 1905), pg.2. Anna van de Caap, Wife of the Burgher Jan Jansz van Beulen, mentions that her daughter Anna, 9 years old, is still a slave in the Company's Lodge, asks that she may be manumitted, that she may be better brought up, and offers to give in Exchange a healthy male slave, named January of Malabar. (No. 99.). Hereinafter cited as Requesten (Memorials) 1715 - 1806 Vol I A-E.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), VON BÖLLEN, JAN JANS (S), generally spelt VAN BEULEN or BELEN.- Dithmarschen. Stable-boy 1712, coachman 1713-18, b. 1719. ~ 26 .11 .1719 Anna of the C., also called Anna van der Heyde. 4 children: Johanna (* 1714), Jacobus (3.5.1716), Catharina (18.9.1718), Johannes or Jan. (GMR 1712-18; Rq. 1724: 99; Test. Q.C. 3: 118; Test. CJ 1072: 26; C 730: 4; G.R. nr. 242.). Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, VON BÖLLEN, JAN JANS (S), generally spelt VAN BEULEN or BELEN .- Dithmarschen. Stable-boy 1712, coachman 1713-18, b. 1719. ~26 .11 .1719 Anna of the C., also called Anna van der Heyde. 4 children: Johanna (* 1714), Jacobus (3.5.1716), Catharina (18.9.1718), Johannes or Jan.