Isaac de Vries1
M, #10735, b. before 12 April 1711
|Father*||Hendrik Abrahamsz de Vries2 b. b 17 Jul 1676, d. bt 13 Apr 1744 - 22 May 1744|
|Mother*||Maria Zaaijman1 b. 28 May 1686, d. b 1 Dec 1714|
|Sùsanna Bosman b. b 17 Jan 1712|
- Johanna Hermina de Vries7 b. 1735, d. c 1805
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||3 August 1732, the name of Isaac was written in the record as Isac de Vries.5|
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Isaac de Vries became a burgher on 3 August 1732, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival de Caep de Goede Hoop.5|
- [S563] Richard Ball, "Richard Ball e-mail 3 Oct 2010 11:40:47," e-mail message from e-mail address (Norfolk, United Kingdom) to e-mail address, 3 Oct 2010, Church Registers - Cape Town Congregation, Cape Archives VC 604
(original in the Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk Argiewe, Stellenbosch)
van Hendrik de Vries en Maria
Zaaijman; de getuigen Jan Jurgen
Mulder en Elizabeth Putters. Hereinafter cited as "Richard Ball e-mail 3 Oct 2010 11:40:47."
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/bosmandevriesbuys/…, last accessed on 3 Oct. 2010."
- [S191] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-Z (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), p. 1084. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-K.
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town): 12 d:o [April 1711] van Hendrik de Vries, en Maria Zaaijman; de getuigen Jan Jurgen Mulder, en Elizabeth Putters. - Isaac, (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Den 3 Aug . Isac de Vries, Jong[man] en Burger aan de Cabo de Goede Hoop met Susanna Bosman van Cabo. J.D.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "Inventories of the Orphan Chamber
Cape Town Archives Repository, South Africa
Reference no.: MOOC8/3.61
1 December 1714."
- [S709] Website Geni (www.Geni.com).