Johannes Lodewyk Pretorius
M, #10771, b. before 22 August 1717
|Anna Sophia Botha b. b 10 Oct 1723|
- Anna Maria Pretorius6 b. 10 Sep 1741, d. 5 Oct 1798
- Johannes Lodewicus Pretorius4 b. b 21 Sep 1749
|Crime and related||By late in July 1733 Gerrit Jacobsz: Coetzee had been arrested by Pieter Lorenz and interrogated twice in the presence of the commissioned members of the Council of Justice. Pieter Lorenz has also taken statements from Johannes Lodewyk Pretorius, Abraham le Roux and Domine. Domine, a Khoe woman also known as Caatje, was a seasonal vineyard worker. She made the most detailed statement and testified to observing penetration with a chestnut mare, while Pretorius and Le Roux said they observed Coetsé on the rump of a grey mare, moving as if he was engaged in a sexual act with the horse. But Lourensz would tell the CoJ that even though Domine's statement was detailed, that because she was a single eye witness, and an unbaptised 'Hottentot' testifying against a Christian, she could not take the oath and her account did not therefor have the same authority as the two white, baptised, burghers.5|
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Anno 1717; Den 22ste Dito [Aùgùstùs]; Johannis Lodewicùs, soon van Lodewicùs Pretoriùs, en Maria Roùssoùw. Getùijgen Daniel Hùgot en Anna Roùssoùw.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, 18 Septemb. . Johannes Lodewyk Pretorius van Cabo de Goede hoop Burger aan Drakensteyn; Jongman en Anna Sophia Botha van Cabo voornoemd JongeDogter.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", 22 September 2008 (e-mail address). This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182. Hereinafter cited as "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter."
- [S723] Susan Newton-King, "Die Blanke Nageslag van Louis van Bengale en Lijsbeth van die Kaap", Kronos (Sodomy, race and respectability in Stellenbosch and Drakenstein, 1689-1762: the story of a family, loosely defined.) 1 (2007): In this case, Lourensz was able to produce the statements of three eye-witnesses . The first two, the freeburghers Johannes Louw Pretorius and Abraham le Roux... The third eye witness was a Khoe woman named Caatje or, 'in her language', 'Domine'.. Hereinafter cited as "Sodomy, race and respectability in Stellenbosch and Drakenstein, 1689-1762: the story of a family, loosely defined."
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), p. 737. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R.