M, #11416, b. 17 December 1682
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Jean was written in the record as Jean Costeaux.6|
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers, Die Stamregister van Gerrit Hendrik Meyer, privately published by Chris Meyer, Mossel Bay, 1st Edition (2006) "pg. 12."
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town), 1695-1712: 22 d:o (May)
Jean Costeaux, van Calais, jongm:
met Anna Gildenhuis, j: d:r
van Cabo de Goede Hoop.
"Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 109, 22 May 1712, marriage entry for Jean Costeaux and Anna Gildenhuis, transcribed by Corney Keller, (24 Mar 2012), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S629] Personal communications between Mansell Upham and Delia Robertson, 2010-present. 22 May 1712:
Jean Costeaux van Calais, jongman
Anna Gildenhuis, jonged. van de Caap.
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers "pg.11."
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers "pg.12."
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers "pg. 5."
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Anno 1715; Den 15de Decembrj; Susanna Magrita, Doghter can Hendrick Gildenhuijsen en Susanna Costse. Getuijgen Jan Costse en Magrita Gildenhuijzen. [Note: the scribe seems to have confused the mother and grandmother of the child. Elsabe Meyer's mother was Susanna Caucheteux, variously known as Susanne/Suzanne Costers, Costeaux, etc. The Jan Costse is most likely Suzanne's brother, Jean Caucheteux, who was married to Hendrik's sister Anna.]. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.