M, #11416, b. 17 December 1682
|Orphan*||Jean Caucheteux was orphaned in 1690 at de Caep de Goede Hoop. Along with his siblings, he was placed in the care of Nicolaes Cleef and his wife, Barbe le Févre.4 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Jean was written in the record as Jean Costeaux.5|
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers, Die Stamregister van Gerrit Hendrik Meyer, privately published by Chris Meyer, Mossel Bay, 1st Edition (2006) "pg. 12."
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town), 1695-1712: 22 d:o (May)
Jean Costeaux, van Calais, jongm:
met Anna Gildenhuis, j: d:r
van Cabo de Goede Hoop.
"Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 109, 22 May 1712, marriage entry for Jean Costeaux and Anna Gildenhuis, transcribed by Corney Keller, (24 Mar 2012), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S629] Personal communications between Mansell Upham and Delia Robertson, 2010-present. 22 May 1712:
Jean Costeaux van Calais, jongman
Anna Gildenhuis, jonged. van de Caap.
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers "pg.12."
- [S361] Machiel Christoffel (Chris) Meyer Op spoor van dié Meyers "pg. 5."
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Anno 1715; Den 15de Decembrj; Susanna Magrita, Doghter can Hendrick Gildenhuijsen en Susanna Costse. Getuijgen Jan Costse en Magrita Gildenhuijzen. [Note: the scribe seems to have confused the mother and grandmother of the child. Elsabe Meyer's mother was Susanna Caucheteux, variously known as Susanne/Suzanne Costers, Costeaux, etc. The Jan Costse is most likely Suzanne's brother, Jean Caucheteux, who was married to Hendrik's sister Anna.]. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.