Dirck van Looveld1
M, #12290, b. circa 1650
|Birth*||Dirck van Looveld was born circa 1650.2,3|
|Occupation*||On 22 June 1691 Dirck van Looveld was the first mate of the Belois.4|
|Occupation||On 29 March 1695 Dirck van Looveld was was a ship's captain.1|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||22 June 1691, the name of Dirck was written in the record as Dick Loveld.4|
29 March 1695, the name of Dirck was written in the record as Dirck van Lovelde.1
|Slave Transactions||On 22 June 1691 Francis van Malabar was sold by Dirck van Looveld to Jacob Joppe de Jonge, for Rds. 70.4,5|
On 29 March 1695 Kupido van der Kust Coromandel was sold by Dick Loveld to Simon van der Stel, for Rds. 85.1
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.169. 29.3.1695, p. 100: Kupido from the Coast (21), sold by skipper Dirck van Lovelde (signature Looveld) to Simon van der Stel for Rds. 85.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.159.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.159. [22.6.] . .. 1691, pp. 185-186: Francis from Malabar (15/16), sold by Dick Loveld, first mate of the Belois, to Jacob Joppe for Rds. 70.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), Sequence IDNO: 0768
Slaves First Name: Francis
Presumed Place Of Origin: Van Malabar
Day Of Sale: 22
Month Of Sale: 6
Year Of Sale: 1691
Type Of Name: Foreign
Continental Origin Code: Indian Sub Continent
Slaves Age: 16
Slaves Gender: Male
Price In Rixdollars: 70
Sellers Last Name: Loveld; Van
Sellers First Name: Dick
Sellers Civil Status: VOC employee
Sellers Gender: Male
Sellers Domicile: Transit-at sea
Sellers Occupation: First Mate
Buyers Last Name: De Jong
Buyers First Name: Jacob Joppe
Buyers Civil Status: VOC employee
Buyers Gender: Male
Buyers Domicile: Table valley
Buyers Occupation: quartermaster
Primary Reference: Transporten en Scheepeniskennis; p. 185 [NIB]. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.