M, #14129, b. circa 1645
|Birth*||Peter Klautoff was born circa 1645.2|
|Occupation*||On 7 April 1691 Peter Klautoff was the skipper of 't Vliegende Hert.3|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||28 April 1691, the name of Peter was written in the record as Pieter Kloothof.4|
|Slave Transactions||On 7 April 1691 Antonique van Coromandel was sold by Peter Klautoff to Abraham Hartogh de Caep de Goede Hoop.5,6|
On 7 April 1691 Raphael van der Kust Coromandel was sold by Peter Klautoff to Cornelis Jansz Simons, for Rds. 70.3
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.157.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S425] Index to Slave Transactions at the Cape, South Africa, 1658 - 1731, compiled by Robert C-H Shell, Cape Town, 2000 "1687.06.29 Scipio, m, Madaga[scar], 11, sold by Jan Baptist Groeneveld to Dominique de Chavonnes, Rds 30.00 TN&S."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.157. 7.4.1691, pp. 97-98, Here Vol. XVII begins: Raphael from the Coast of Coromandel (10/12), sold by Peter Klautoff, skipper of 't Vliegende Hert, to Mr. Cornelis Jansz Simons for Rds. 70.
- [S425] Index to Slave Transactions at the Cape, South Africa, 1658 - 1731 "1691.04.28 Anthonique, f, Coroma[ndel], 14, sold by Pieter Kloothof to Abraham Hartog for Rds 100.00 TN&S."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.220.127.116.111, pp. 112-113: Anthonique from Coromandel (14), sold by Peter Klautoff to Abraham Hartog for Rds. 60.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), Sequence IDNO: 0751
Slaves First Name: Anthonique
Presumed Place Of Origin: Van Coromandel
Day Of Sale: 7
Month Of Sale: 4
Year Of Sale: 1691
Type Of Sale: Oceanic
Type Of Name: Classical
Continental Origin Code: Indian Sub Continent
Slaves Age: 14
Slaves Gender: Female
Price In Rixdollars: 60
Sellers Last Name: Kloothof
Sellers First Name: Pieter
Sellers Civil Status: D
Sellers Gender: Male
Sellers Domicile: Transit-at sea
Sellers Occupation: Skipper
Buyers Last Name: Hartog
Buyers First Name: Abraham
Buyers Civil Status: VOC employee
Buyers Gender: Male
Buyers Domicile: Table valley
Buyers Occupation: executioner
Primary Reference: Transporten en Scheepeniskennis. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.