Klein Constantia Property
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||Klein Constantia was also known as De Hoop op Constantia.|
Klein Constantia was also known as Petit Constance.
|Property Transactions||After 1712 Klein Constantia was sold from the estate of Simon van der Stel to Pieter Meijer who immediately sold it on to Jan Jurgensz Cotze Kotze’s widow, Elsabe marries Johannes Colyn, thereafter the property changes hands as follows:|
transfered to J.N. Colyn
sold to L.J. Colyn
drawing showing the homestead with 3 gables on the front facade and 1 in middle of a side wing (only central gable in front facade now remains);
inherited by J.N. Colyn & subdivision [of Bergvliet] Nova Constantia by other brother L.J. Colyn
sold to D.G. Malan
sold to S. Hirshfield.1
In 1823 A section of Groot Constantia was sud-divided into Klein Constantia. This portion should not be confused with Klein Constantia also known as Petit Constance and De Hoop op Constantia.2
- [S821] Mansell Upham, "Constantia Subdivisions", February 2015 (Tokyo). This breakdown of the Constantia subdivisions from Mansell Upham is based on his research in the title deeds, 1712: subdivided from original farm Constantia - bought by Pieter de Meijer & sold immediately to J.J. Kotze; Kotze's widow, Elsabe marries Johannes Colyn. Hereinafter cited as "Constantia Subdivisions."
- [S821] Mansell Upham, "Constantia Subdivisions", This breakdown of the Constantia subdivisions from Mansell Upham is based on his research in the title deeds, Klein Constantia: Current Klein Constantia part of Groot Constantia (until 1823).