M, #14488, b. 1651
|Birth*||Hendrick Ulm was born in 1651 in Langenbrücken.2,1|
|Occupation*||On 14 May 1687 Hendrick Ulm was a wainwright.3|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||On 14 May 1687 Hendrick was incorrectly named in the record as (an unknown value.)3,4|
|Slave Transactions||On 14 May 1687 Prins van Madagascar was sold by Abraham Hartogh to Hendrick Ulm, for Rds. 56.3|
On 20 October 1687 Hendrick Ulm sold half his slaves, together with his cattle, wagons, a plough and farm implements to Guillaume Heems, for f 2 675.5
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.150-151. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), Ulm, Heinrich. – Langenbrücken. *1651, arr . 1674 as so., later burgher at Stellenbosch. †1730.. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.150. 14.5.1687: Prins from Madagascar (13/14) sold by Abraham de Hartog to the wainwright Hendrick van Ulm (signature Oulm) for Rds. 56.
- [S606] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "A.J. Böeseken se Addendum van Kaapse slawe-verkoopstransaksies: Foute en regstellings", Kronos (Foute en regstellings) 9 (1984): … om voor te gee dat Hendrick van Ulm (in 14.5.1687) se handtekening "Oulm" was as hy sleg met 'n kruisie teken, is onverskoonbaar!. Hereinafter cited as "Foute en regstellings."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.188.8.131.527: Half of the slaves belonging to Hendrick Ulm (Oulm) together with cattle, wagons, a plough and farm implements sold by the owner to Guilllam Eems for f 2675.