|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||Sometime after 1765, Zwaanswyk became known as Steenberg.1|
|Property Transactions||Zwaanswyk, 25 morgen of land on the Ou Kaapse Weg (~-34.075333, 18.422814 ), was leased by Simon vander Stel, to Trijn Ras in 1682.1|
In 1688, having acquired formal ownership in the intervening period, Trijn Ras sold Zwaanswyk to Frederick Russouw de Wit, he built the new U-shaped house the same year. He also produced the first wines on the estate.1
Before 25 October 1699 on the death of Frederick Russouw de Wit Zwaanswyk became the property of Frederick Russouw.
In 1765 on the death of Frederick Russouw Zwaanswyk became the property of Nicolaes Russouw, when he died in 1802, his son Daniel Russouw purchased the farm from his mother Anna Maria Rousselet. Daniel fell on hard times and sold the farm to Johannes Adriaan Louw of Fisantkraal and Fredrik Anton Olthoff. It was after this transaction, that the farmbecame known as Steenberg. It remained in the Louw family until 1990 when it was purchased by Johannesburg Consolidated Investments and was developed into a hotel and winery. These were acquired by Graham Beck in April 2005.1