M, #15415, b. between 10 May 1630 and 9 May 1631, d. 9 May 1690
|Occupation*|| On 31 March 1673 Cornelis Kriek was skipper.1 |
|Occupation||He was skipper of the Ijlandt Mauritius on 11 March 1676.6 |
|Occupation|| Before 9 May 1690 Cornelis Kriek was the EquipasieMeester van de Oost Indisz Companye der Stadt Delft, in other words the equipage master for the Chamber of Delft responsible for the ship, crew and its contents prior to departure on a voyage from Delft to the east.4 |
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p. 130. 31.3.1673, VI, p. 16: Susanna from the Coromandel Coast (21), sold by skipper Cornelis Kriek to Albert van Breugel for Rds. 50.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S847] E-mails from Andries Penders to Delia Robertson, 2015 "From another ancestor, who also sailed for the VOC was Cornelis (Gerritsz.) Krieck (or Kriek) He is also mentioned in your "First Fifty Years". The date of his birth I don't know, by lack of the books of Baptism of Delfshaven, the place where he was born ca. 1630/31. Delfshaven was the port of the nearby city of Delft."
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S847] E-mails from Andries Penders to Delia Robertson, 2015 "Cornelis Krieck was buried on 9-05-1690 in the Reformed church of Delfshaven, together with his second wife, under a gravestone with the text :"Hier leijt begraven Marija Louis Elle, out 57 jaren, is gestorven den 28 augustij 1682, huijsvrou van Cornelis Krieck EquipasieMeester van de Oost Indisz Companye der Stadt Delft is gestorven den 9en Meij 1690 out sijnde 59 jaren". In the middle of the gravestone his coat of arms : "a planted tree". Most likely a "kriek"tree, i.e. sort of a cherry tree. The text on the Stone in English says : "Here lies Marija Louis Elle, old 57 years, has died the 28th August 1682, housewife of Cornelis Krieck, equipagemeester (The man, responsible for the ship, crew and equipment of the ships, before leaving Delfshaven, on a voyage for the VOC ( chamber of Delft) to the East Indies) of the East Indian Company of the city of Delft, has died the 9th of Mai 1690, being 59 years of age "."
- [S847] E-mails from Andries Penders to Delia Robertson, 2015 "...first wife of Cornelis Gerritsz. Krieck. He married for the first time at Delfshaven (Dutch Ref.) 19-05-1652 with ARIAENTJE LIEVENS."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 131 11.3.1676: Jacob from Colombo, sold by Cornelis Kriek, skipper of Ijlandt
Mauritius to Dirck Jansz Smient for Rds. 85.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.220.127.116.116: Jan from Macassar, sold by Cornelis Kriek to Joannes Praetorius for Rds.55.
- [S607] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "Kaapse notariële stukke waarin slawe van vryburgers en amptenare vermeld word (II), Die tweede Dekade 1671-1680", Kronos (Die notariële stukke II) 15 (1999): 1.3.1676 [Verlore]
Comelis Kriek verkoop aan Johannes Praetorius die slaaf Jan van Makassar vir 55 Rds.. Hereinafter cited as "Die notariële stukke II."
- [S607] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "Die notariële stukke II", 11.3.1676 [Verlore]
Cornelis Kriek, skipper van die skip ijlandt Mauritius, verkoop aan Dirck Jansz Smient die slaaf Jacob van Colombo vir 85 Rds.
- [S847] E-mails from Andries Penders to Delia Robertson, 2015 "This couple got 6 children, all born and baptised Dutch Ref. in the church of Delfshaven:
1) Aechtje bapt. 17-08-1653 ;
2) GERRIDT bapt. 17-01-1655 ;
3) Jan bapt. 24-06-1657 (he died young)
4) Teuntje bapt. 17-11-1658 ( she died Young)
5) Jan bapt. 6-03-1661 (he died abt. 1682 )
6) Teuntje bapt. 14-01-1663."
- [S847] E-mails from Andries Penders to Delia Robertson, 2015 "Another ancestor : Gerrit Kriek (Krieck) son of the foresaid Cornelis Gerritsz."