Dirck Adam Culingh1
M, #15570, b. circa 1640
|Birth*||Dirck Adam Culingh was born circa 1640.2|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||The name of Dirck appeared as Erick Qulingh in the cited publication(s.)2|
27 March 1680, the name of Dirck was written in the record as Adam Quhling.3
|Slave Transactions||On 19 March 1678 Sebastiaen van Madagascar was sold by Albert van Breugel to Dirck Adam Culingh, for Rds. 24.4,5|
|Slave Emancipations||Sebastiaen van Madagascar was emancipated by Adam Quhling, on 27 March 1680. He was given into the care of Henrik Crudop and a condition of the manumission was that the latter care for him until he was old enought to fend for himself.3|
- [S607] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "Kaapse notariële stukke waarin slawe van vryburgers en amptenare vermeld word (II), Die tweede Dekade 1671-1680", Kronos (Die notariële stukke II) 15 (1999): 19.3.1678 TS 3, g.p.
... Dirck Adam Culingh, .... Hereinafter cited as "Die notariële stukke II."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.135; 19.3.1678: Sebastiaen from Madagascar, sold to Albert van Breugel by Erick Qulingh for Rds. 24.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.138. 27.3.1680: Bastiaen from an unknown origin freed by Adam Qulingh (signature Quhling) on condition that Crudop would look after him until he was old enough to fend for himself.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.135; 19.3.1678: Sebastiaen from Madagascar, sold to Albert van Breugel by Erick [sic] Qulingh for Rds. 24.
- [S607] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "Die notariële stukke II", 19.3.1678 TS 3, g.p.
Albert van Breugel, assistent op die hoeker De Quartel, verkoop aan Dirck Adam Culingh, assistent in die fort, die slaaf Sebastian van Madagaskar vir 24 Rds.