M, #15940, b. circa 1645
|Birth*||Thomas Nynn was born circa 1645.1,2|
|Occupation*||On 25 November 1692 Thomas Nynn was the English captain of the Diana.3|
|Slave Transactions||On 25 November 1692 Bastiaan van Malabar was sold by Thomas Nynn to Steven Jansz Botma, for Rds. 60.3|
On 25 November 1692 Joanna van Malabar was sold by Thomas Nynn to Jacob Joppe de Jonge, for Rds. 60.4,5
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.162.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.162. 25.11.1692, p. 171: Bastiaan from Malabar (16), sold by Thomas Nynn, English captain of the Diana, to Steven J ansz Botma for Rds. 60.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.162. 25.11.1692, p. 173: Joanna from Malabar, sold by Thomas Nynn to Jacob Joppe de Jonge for Rds. 60.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), Sequence IDNO: 0824
Slaves First Name: Joanna
Presumed Place Of Origin: Van Malabar
Day Of Sale: 25
Month Of Sale: 11
Year Of Sale: 1692
Type Of Sale: Oceanic
Type Of Name: Christian
Continental Origin Code: Indian Sub Continent
Slaves Age: 15
Slaves Gender: Female
Price In Rixdollars: 60
Sellers Last Name: Nynn
Sellers First Name: Thomas
Sellers Civil Status: foreigner
Sellers Gender: Male
Sellers Domicile: Transit-at sea
Sellers Occupation: Skipper
Buyers Last Name: De Jong
Buyers First Name: Jacob Joppe
Buyers Civil Status: VOC employee
Buyers Gender: Male
Buyers Domicile: Table valley
Buyers Occupation: quartermaster
Primary Reference: Transporten en Scheepeniskennis; fol. 173. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.