M, #16108, b. circa 1655
|Birth*||Remeus Oole was born circa 1655.1,2|
|Occupation*||On 15 March 1695 Remeus Oole was the skipper of the 's Lands Welvaren.1|
|Slave Transactions||On 15 March 1695 Jan van Bengale was sold by Remeus Oole to Simon van der Stel, for Rds. 70.3,4|
On 26 March 1695 Louis van Satrapatnam was sold by Remeus Oole to Geertruyd Meijntinghs, for Rds. 70.5
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.168.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.168. 15.3.1695, p. 81: Jan from Bengal (24), sold by Remeus Oole, the skipper of 's Lands Welvaren, to Simon van der Stel for Rds. 100.
- [S606] J.L. (Leon) Hattingh, "A.J. Böeseken se Addendum van Kaapse slawe-verkoopstransaksies: Foute en regstellings", Kronos (Foute en regstellings) 9 (1984): En op die volgende bladsy van die addendum kom nog drie foutiewe kooppryse voor. Jan van Bengale is op 15.3.1695 vir 70 Rds. verkoop terwyl Böeseken dit aangee as honderd.. Hereinafter cited as "Foute en regstellings."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.168. 26.3.1695, p. 95: Louis from Satrapatnam (20), sold by skipper Remens Oole to the widow [Geertruijd Meintinghs] of Johannes Pretorius for Rds. 70.