F, #5223, b. circa 1664, d. before 1691
|Father*||Louis Decré1 b. c 1630|
|Birth*||Jacqueline Decré was born circa 1664 in Sauverny, http://maps.google.co.za/maps?q=Sauverny,+France&hl=en&ll=46.31113,6.117153&spn=0.105886,0.264187&sll=46.156648,-1.152105&sspn=0.053092,0.132093&oq=sauverny&hnear=Sauverny,+Ain,+Rhone-Alpes,+France&t=m&z=13.2|
|Marriage*||She married André Gauch, son of Pierre Gauch, on 13 January 1683 Celigny, Genéve, Switzerland.3,4|
|Death*||She died before 1691.5,6|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||31 May 1690, the name of Jacqueline was written in the record as Jacqueline du Cret.|
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/gous/I075.html, last accessed on 21 Oct 2010; citing the church register of Celigny, Geneva."
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S486] Colin Graham Botha, The French Refugees at the Cape (Cape Town: Cape Times Limited, 1921), p.160a. (2) When at Geneva in 1920 I was fortunate in finding in the State Archives the entry of the marriage of Andre Gauch (now Gous or Gouws) at the church at Celigny.
Le samedy 13 janvier 1683 ont espousé André fils de feu Pierre Gauch du Pont de Monvers aux Sevenes et Jaqueline fille de feu Louis Decre de Sauverni.. Hereinafter cited as The French Refugees at the Cape.
- [S151] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 2 D-G (Pretoria, South Africa: Human Science Research Council, 1989), Page 488. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 2 D-G.
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988 (28 Wale Street, Cape Town: Tafelberg Publishers Limited, 1988), Date of arrival: 1691, widow with one son. Hereinafter cited as The Huguenots of South Africa.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on the arrival at the Cape in 1691 of her husband - a "widow with one son".
- [S387] Website Gemeentearchief Amsterdam (http://gemeentearchief.amsterdam.nl/archieven/genealogie/…) "http://gemeentearchief.amsterdam.nl/archieven/genealogie/…."