M, #5287, b. before 25 January 1728
|Magdalena Retief b. b 22 Dec 1720, d. 10 Apr 1817|
- Maria Johanna Roos3 b. 22 Dec 1748
- Johannes Roos b. c 1750
- Anna Roos3 b. 3 Sep 1752
- Magdalena Roos3 b. 19 Jul 1754
- Francois Roos3 b. 25 Jul 1756
- Tieleman Roos5 b. 31 Dec 1758
- Hester Roos5 b. 10 May 1761
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||29 January 1747, the name of Tieleman was written in the record as Tileman Roos.2|
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Tieleman Roos became a burgher on 29 January 1747, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival Drakenstein, Cape Colony.2,4|
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), pg 789. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Personen in den Huwelyken Staat bevestigd door Predekant. Salomon van Echten.
29 January . Tileman Roos van Cabo de Goede Hoop Burger aldaar Jong man en Magdalena Retief van Cabo voornoemd. J.D.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R, pg. 789.
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R, 789.
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R, pg. 790.