|Birth*||Heinrich Weyers was born circa 1680 at Epen.1,2|
|Marriage*||He married Anna Elizabeth Gerrits, daughter of Caspar Gerrits and Elsie Speldenbergh, on 1 May 1718 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Stellenbosch, de Caep de Goede Hoop.1,3,4|
|Anna Elizabeth Gerrits b. 18 Oct 1699|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Heinrich was written in the record as Hendrik Weyer.5|
1 May 1718, the name of Heinrich was written in the record as Hendriksz Wijer.1
18 February 1720, the name of Heinrich was written in the record as Weyer Hendrikse.6
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Heinrich Weyers became a burgher in 1714, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival.7|
- [S650] VC33, NGK Stellenbosch Marriage Records: ditto [1718; 1 Maij] - Wijer Hendrikz van Epen jongm[an] met Anna Elisabeth Gerritsdogter, (1700-1788), Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa. Hereinafter cited as NGK Stellenbosch Marriage Records.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), WEYERS, HEINRICH, also called WEYER, HENDRIKS.-Epe. Arr. 1702 as so., wagon-driver 1705, b. 1714. ~ 1.5.1718 Anna Elisabeth Gerritsdogter, i.e. d. of Caspar Gerrits of Nimwegen and Elsje Speldenberg, bapt. 18.10.1699. 3 children. † 5.8.1725. (GMR 1704-5; V.C. 56; G.R. nr. 172.) Another daughter of W. seems to have been Adriana Weyers, bapt. 29.9.1748 at Stellenbosch as grown-up person, married to Johann Martin Schwebler (q.v.) and Christoffel Heyske (q.v.).. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S191] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-Z (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), p.1128. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-K.
- [S370] A.J. & C.M. van der Walt Stamregister van die family Van der Walt, Geskeidenis en Genealogie 1727-1998, privately published by Lochwalt, Potchefstroom, (1998).
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Maria, d'Vader Weyer Hendrikse, d'Moeder Anna Gerritse getùyge Geertrùyt Gerritse: 18e Feb 1720.. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", 22 September 2008 (e-mail address). This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182. Hereinafter cited as "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter."
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S551] Charlie Els, "Die herkoms van Elsje Gerrits", Familia - Die herkoms van Elsje Gerrits Familia 47 (2010). Hereinafter cited as "Die herkoms van Elsje Gerrits."