|BirthOrigin*||Helmer was from Quakenbrück, , and was perhaps born there in 1670. The date is estimated.1|
|Marriage*||He married Jacoba van Norden circa 1690.2|
|Jacoba van Norden b. c 1670|
|Occupation*||In 1692 Helmer Paal was a silversmith de Caep de Goede Hoop.3|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Helmer was written in the record as Helmer Pal.|
An unknown date , the name of Helmer was written in the record as Helmer Pahl.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), Pal, Helmer (S in CJ 1254, p. 215). —Quakenbrück. Burgher, silversmith (1692). Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S371] Website Rootsweb's World Connect (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com).
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, Pal, Helmer (S in CJ 1254, p. 215). — Quakenbrück. Burgher, silversmith (1692).
- [S153] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 1 A-C, HSRC SA Genealogies (Pretoria: Institute for Historical Research, Division Genealogical Research, Pretoria, 1986, 1989), ISBN 0-620-23962-X, p.607. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 1.
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town), (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).