Lysbet van Ternate1
F, #6923, b. between 1672 and 1674
|BirthOrigin*||Lysbet was from Ternate and was perhaps born there between 1672 and 1674. She was said to be 20 or 21 years old in 1695 and 26 years old in 1698.2,3 |
|Lovers*||Circa 1704 Lysbet van Ternate and Joris van Bengale were lovers de Caep de Goede Hoop.3 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||5 March 1695, the name of Lysbet was written in the record as Lijsje van Ternaten.4|
- [S520] Mansell Upham, "Lijsbeth Vion", 2 March 2010 (Tokyo, Japan - e-mail address). "Note: 4 January 1705 Joris van Bengale & Lijsbeth van Ternate also baptized a daughter Magdalena (witnesses: Antonia de Saute [da Silva] & Admentie [Clementia van de Caep])". Hereinafter cited as "Lijsbeth Vion."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), 1.2.1698: Lijsbet from Ternate (26), sold by Jan Cotse (signature Kotze) to Mahu de Rijke for Rds. 100. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.167. 5.3.1695, pp. 57-58: Lijsje from Ternaten (20/21), sold by Anna Catharina Popinck to Jan Cotze for Rds. 100.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), Sequence IDNO: 1307, Lijsbeth van Ternate [Sold by Jan Coetsee to Mahieu Rijke.]. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.