M, #7122, b. circa 1640, d. October 1696
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||6 June 1677, the name of Heinrich was written in the record as Hendrick Elbertsz.|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||On 31 May 1657 Heinrich Elberts was enumerated in the muster roll, among the free men, or vrijlieden.5|
|Slaves owned by individuals||On 7 July 1660 Adouke van Guinea was owned by Heinrich Elberts.9|
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), pp.86-87.Elberts, Heinrich (according to W. Schmidt, p. 60, original name Ellebrecht). – Osnabruck. Adelhorst 1656, b. 21.2.1657, was granted a piece of ground on the Liesbeeck River 14.4.1657, ... † in October 1696. ~ Aletta ter Molten of Schüttorf in Hanover. 9 Children.. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S151] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 2 D-G (Pretoria, South Africa: Human Science Research Council, 1989), p. 177. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 2 D-G.
- [S397] NGK G1 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.), 1665-1695: Ao. 1677
Den 18 April Margaritha
Jan Pietersz en Beatrice Wijmans
Hendrick Elbertz en Aeltie Hendricks, transcribed by Richard Ball, Norfolk, England, (May 2006), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.).
- [S397] NGK G1 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.): Ao' 1686
eodem dito (30 Junii) Evert
Arent Jans en Hendrina van de [Isen]
Hendrick Elberts en Maria Lindenhovius, 1665-1695, Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Letters Despatched 1652-1662 to which are added land grants, attestations, Journal of voyage to Tristan da Cunha, names of freemen, &c. Vol III, H.C.V. Leibrandt; (Cape Town, South Africa: W.A. Richards & Sons, Government Printers, 1900), p.290.. Hereinafter cited as Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p. 141. 29.1.1684: Steven Bradly sold a slave from Madagascar to Hendrik Elbertsz for Rds.80.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.147. 6.6.1686: Francis from Batavia, sold by Oloff Bergh to Hendrick Elbertsz for Rds.90.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.151. 10.1.1688, XVI. p. 12: Ram from the Coast (20), sold by Guilllam Eems (Heems) to Hendrick Elbertsz for Rds. 60.
- [S654] Mansell Upham 'What can't be cured, must be endured … Cape of Good Hope - first marriages & baptisms (1652-1665)', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), January 2012. "7 July 1660: Heinrich Elberts: routinely sexually abuses his female slave Adouke van Guinea."