M, #7439, b. circa 1640, d. between 27 July 1688 and 27 January 1689
|Birth*||Antoine Gardiol was born circa 1640.2,3|
|Marriage*||He married Marguerite Perrotette, daughter of Claude Perrotet and Jeanne Baridon, on 12 March 1662 Lacoste.1,4|
|Death*||He may have died between 27 July 1688 and 27 January 1689 on the voyage from Amsterdam to the Cape. In any event he died before 1690 when his wife was recorded as a widow.5,6|
- [S765] E-mails from Robert Rey and website (http://gw.geneanet.org/robertrey) to Delia Robertson, February 2014 "CM le 03.12.1662 à Lacoste de "Anthoine GARDIOL fils de feu Jehan et de feue Jehanne GARDIOL, de Joucas, avec Marguerite PEROTET fille de Claude et de feue Jehanne BARIDON. ""
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988 (28 Wale Street, Cape Town: Tafelberg Publishers Limited, 1988), p. 161. Hereinafter cited as The Huguenots of South Africa.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa, p. 167.
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa, p. 167, he died at sea.
- [S575] M. Boucher, French Speakers at the Cape in the first hundred years of Dutch East India Company rule: The European background (Pretoria: University of South Africa, 1981), p.194. On July 18 of the following year  they are recorded as having left that congregation to emigrate to the Cape of Good Hope. They would seem to have embarked on the Wapen van Alkmaar and perhaps in the course of an arduous voyage Antoine died.. Hereinafter cited as French Speakers at the Cape.
- [S795] Website The Dutch East India Company's shipping between the Netherlands and Asia 1595-1795 (http://resources.huygens.knaw.nl/das/search) "Number 1564.6
Name of ship WAPEN VAN ALKMAAR
Master Godske, Karel
Type of ship pinas
Date of departure 27-07-1688
Place of departure Texel
Arrival at Cape 27-01-1689
Departure from Cape 27-02-1689
Date of arrival at destination 20-05-1689
Place of arrival Batavia
Particulars At the Cape 1 seafarer deserted.
Next homeward voyage 5873.6."
- [S620] Website Nationaal Archief, VOC Opvarenden (http://vocopvarenden.nationaalarchief.nl/default.aspx) "Gegevens van Frederick Coenradi uit Maerburgh
Datum indiensttreding: 27-07-1688 Datum uit dienst: 31-12-1691
Functie bij indiensttreding: Soldaat Reden uit dienst: Vrijburger
Uitgevaren met het schip: Wapen van Alkmaar Waar uit dienst: Kaap de Goede Hoop
Maandbrief: Nee Schuldbrief: Ja
Gegevens van de vaart
Schip: Wapen van Alkmaar Vertrek: 27-07-1688
Kamer: Amsterdam Kaap: 27-01-1689
Folio: 149 Aankomst: 20-05-1689
DAS- en reisnr.: 1564.6
My thanks to Pieter Conradie for this reference."
- [S575] M. Boucher, French Speakers at the Cape, p.194. On July 18 of the following year  they are recorded as having left that congregation to emigrate to the Cape of Good Hope. They would seem to have embarked on the Wapen van Alkmaar and perhaps in the course of an arduous voyage Antoine died. [DR: The Wapen v. Alkmaardeparted Texel on 27 July and there was not another departure until 26 October. It seems unlikely the family would have left left their congregation in July and then wait until October to sail.]