Jean le Sage
M, #7453, b. circa 1690, d. before 1721
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988 (28 Wale Street, Cape Town: Tafelberg Publishers Limited, 1988), p. 164. Hereinafter cited as The Huguenots of South Africa.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, ; Den 31 October; Jan Lesage van Diepe Jongman met; Margrita de Villiers van Cabo, Jonge Dogter.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), p. 1. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/bosmandevriesbuys/…, last accessed 20 November 2010."
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, p.1; ACKERMANN, CHRISTMANN (not Christian!) GOTTHART.-Brother of Christian Ackermann. * 21.8.1705. ~ As corporal 10.9.1741 Susanna le Sage, step-daughter of his brother (marriage-register of Paarl). Later silversmith. Murdered by his slave 3.8.1745. (Cl 278, pp. 639 ff.; CJ 18, p. 62; Inv. O.C. 6: 89; Bdlr. 3: 52.).