Johannes van Zijl
M, #8235, b. before 4 July 1700
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Johannes was written in the record as Johannes van Zyl.4|
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Johannes van Zijl became a burgher circa 1732, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival Drakenstein, de Caep de Goede Hoop.4|
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/louw/I040.html."
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town): Eodem die [4 Julie 1700] van Willem van Zijl en Christina van Loveren gent: - Johannes, (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S191] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-Z (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), p.1164. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-K.
- [S191] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-K, p.1164-1165.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Dito [den 27 Sept 1722]
Jonathan, Zoon van Jan Durand en Willemina Van Zijl. Getuijgen Jan en Hester Van Zijl.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S191] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families III S-K, p.1165.