Johann Paulus Sachse
M, #8493, b. circa 1680
|Father*||Joachim Sachs1 b. c 1650|
|Mother*||Susanna Holswig2 b. c 1650|
|NGK Stellenbosch Baptisms 1688-1732||NGK Stellenbosch Baptisms 1688-1732|
|Birth*||Johann Paulus Sachse was born circa 1680 in Magdeburg, Germany.3|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||9 May 1706, the name of Johann was written in the record as Jan van Saxsen.4|
10 July 1708, the name of Johann was written in the record as Jan Poùwel Sakx.5
|Baptisms - Witness||Johann Paulus Sachse and Margaretha Vogt witnessed the baptism of Johannes Oelofse on 9 May 1706 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Stellenbosch, de Caep de Goede Hoop.4|
He witnessed the baptism of Maria Magdalena Hack on 10 July 1708 de Caep de Goede Hoop.5,6
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), Sachse's children seem to have been Johann Paulus, Maria Margaretha, Maria Sibilla and Peter Andreas, whose father was Johann Joachim Sachse, in 1716 resident at Quedlinburg. The birthplace of Johann Paulus is given as Magdeburg, that of the other three as Glisten.. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, SACHS(E), JOACHIM (S).-Egeln near Magdeburg. Mentioned as burgher at Stellenbosch since 1691, owner of the farm "Sachsenburg" on the Kuilsrivier. x Susanna Holswig of Haszleben in Thuringia, who came out in 1691 with 4 children (names not mentioned). S. repatriated 1705 with his wife and four children. . . . Sachse's children seem to have been Johann Paulus, Maria Margaretha, Maria Sibilla and Peter Andreas, whose father was Johann Joachim Sachse, in 1716 resident at Quedlinburg. The birthplace of Johann Paulus is given as Magdeburg, that of the other three as Glisten.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, p. 351-352.
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Johannes, d' Vader Andries Oelofse, d' Moeder Sara Leendertsz, gètùygen Jan van Saxsen, en Margarèta Voogt, der 9e Mey 1706.. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Maria Magdalena, de Vader Christoffel Haak, d'Moeder Maria Sibilla Sakx, de getùyge Jan Poùwel Sakx. 10 Jùly 1708.
- [S152] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 3 H-I (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1992), p. 14. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 3 H-I.