|NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732||NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732|
|Birth*||Moritz Walter was born circa 1680 in Lübeck, Germany.1|
|Marriage*||He married Maettijen Robbertsz van Hoorn, daughter of Robert Jansz van Hoorn and Catharina Cornelisz, on 15 July 1716.2|
|Maettijen Robbertsz van Hoorn b. 3 Jan 1700|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||27 September 1718, the name of Moritz was written in the record as Moùrits Wolter.3|
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), p. 447. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, p. 447, (2) 15.7.1716 Mietje van Hoorn: I suspect the year of this marriage was likely 1715 or earlier, given that the apparent first child of this union, Jacobus, was not identified as onecht in his baptism record of 15 Dec 1715.
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Robbert, d'Vader Moùrits Wolter, d'Moeder Metje Robbers: 27 9br 1718. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Anno 1715; Den 15de Decembr; Jacobùs Moùrits, soon van Maùrits Walder en Metie Van Hoorn. Getuijgen Jacob Vrije en Christina van den Bergh.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms.