F, #8885, b. circa 1685
|NGK Stellenbosch Baptisms 1688-1732||NGK Stellenbosch Baptisms 1688-1732|
|Birth*||Sara Symonsz was born circa 1685.2,3|
|Marriage De facto*||Circa 1700 Sara Symonsz and Matthijs van Madagascar were in a de facto relationship de Caep de Goede Hoop.2|
|Matthijs van Madagascar b. c 1685|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Sara was written in the record as Sara Simons.|
17 May 1704, the name of Sara was written in the record as Sara Symon.
|Slaves owned by individuals||Sara Symonsz was a slave before 25 June 1702 de Caep de Goede Hoop, owned by Adam Tas.4|
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Grietje, dogter van Mattys van Madegasker, d' Moeder Sara Symonsz, getuygen Leendert van Brakel, en Barbara van Brakel, der 25 Juny 1702.. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, The mother's slave status assumed, given that her daughter was born in slavery, viz: Kristijn, lyfeygen kind van Adam Tas, d'Vader Mattijs van Madaskar, Moeder Sara Symon, getùyge Laùrens Sweeris en Neeltie Andries, der 17 Mey 1704. She would therefor also have been in slavery at the time her first child, Grietje, was baptised.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, lyfeygen kind van Adam Tas.