M, #8976, b. before 17 July 1707
|Isabeau Loret b. b 30 Sep 1714|
- Maria Petronella Bockelenberg4 b. b 2 Jun 1737
- Elisabeth Bockelenberg5 b. b 21 May 1741
- Geertruy Bockelenberg4 b. b 4 Jan 1750
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||25 May 1732, the name of Daniel was written in the record as Daniel Bokkelenberg.3|
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Daniel Bockelenberg became a burgher on 25 May 1732, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival Drakenstein, de Caep de Goede Hoop.3|
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Daniel, de Vader Joannes Bockelenberg, moeder Johanna van den Bos, getùyge Cornelia Helmers, 17e Jùly 1707.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Den 25 May . Daniel Bokkelenberg Burger aan Drakensteyn Jongman. Met Elizabeth Loret van Cabo. J.D.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S153] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 1 A-C, HSRC SA Genealogies (Pretoria: Institute for Historical Research, Division Genealogical Research, Pretoria, 1986, 1989), ISBN 0-620-23962-X, p.315. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 1.
- [S153] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, S.A. Genealogies 1, p. 315.