Johan Andries Holtzhausen
M, #10769, b. circa 1710, d. 1 October 1765
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||9 May 1734, the name of Johan was written in the record as Johan Andries Holtshausen.4|
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), pp. 171-172: HOLTZHAUSEN, JOHANN ANDREAS (S). – Ellrich. Turner 1729-31, loaned as farmhand to Jan Harmensz Potgieter 25.9.1732, b. 1734, resident at Swellendam, heemraad, captain of the Swellendam dragoons. † at Swellendam 1.10.1765, note in Death Reg.: “laat niemand na dan zyn zoon Johannes Andries, mondelik”. ~ Maria Elisabeth Botha. 3 sons: Theunis, Johan Philip, Johan Andries. The last one not mentioned in G.R., but identified with his father.. Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Deze naarvolgende personen syn, gelijblykt nut een inleggent papiershe [Overgerlagen].
D. [9 May 1734]. Johan Andries Holtshausen met Maria Elizabeth Botha.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S152] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 3 H-I (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1992), p.450. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 3 H-I.