F, #10843, b. circa 1705
|Father*||Hercules Valentyn van die Wes Kus van Indié1 b. c 1670|
|Mother*||Cecilia van Bengale1 b. c 1670|
|NGK Drakenstein Marriages 1717-1740||NGK Drakenstein Marriages 1717-1749|
|Birth*||Helena Valentyn was born circa 1705 in de Caep de Goede Hoop.1|
|Marriage*||She married Ibraim Adehan, son of Rajah of Tambora Albubasi Sultan and Sitina Sara Marouff, on 20 September 1722 de Caep de Goede Hoop.2,3,4|
|Marriage*||She married Hendrik Kotze, son of Jan Kotze and Hendrina van Hoeting, on 4 March 1736 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Drakenstein, de Caep de Goede Hoop. This record appears on two pages - both attached as exhibits.5|
|Ibraim Adehan b. 1699, d. c 1735|
- [S379] Delia Robertson, translator, Cape Melting Pot - the role and status of the mixed population at the Cape, 1652-1795 (Johannesburg, South Africa: Delia Robertson, 2005) Translated from Groep Sonder Grense, Die Rol en Status van die Gemengde Bevolking aan die Kaap 1652-1795, by H.F. Heese, M.A., PH.D , p. 62. Hereinafter cited as Cape Melting Pot.
- [S532] Website The Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA branch (http://www.eggsa.org/) " 20 7b:r; Abraham Addahaan, van Cabo de Goede Hoop, jongm: en Lena Valentijn, mede van de Caap.
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape', Africana Notes and News, Vol IX, No 1, December 1951, 27-29 "Abraham Addehan (also called de Haan) was married on 20/9/1722 to Helena Valentyn, daughter of the free black Hercules Valentyn and Cecelia of Bengal. He died about 1735; his widow married Hendrik Kotze 4/3/1736."
- [S379] Delia Robertson, Cape Melting Pot Translated from Groep Sonder Grense, Die Rol en Status van die Gemengde Bevolking aan die Kaap 1652-1795, by H.F. Heese, M.A., PH.D , p.62.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Den 4 Maart . Hendrik Coetze burger aan Cabo Jongman met Helena Valentyn van Cabo. Weduwe van Abraham de Haan.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape' "Sara (bapt. 7/11/1723) married 18/2/1753 to Hans Jacob Doeksteen of Magdeburg."
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape' "Louisa (bapt. 5/5/1726) married 22/6/1755 to Jacobus Bruyns, son of Jacobus Bruyns of Amsterdam and Catharina Jansen."
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape' "Adolph (bapt. 24/10/1728)."
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape' "Abraham (bapt. 18/2/1731) married 8/3/1767 to Christina Alesia Eversdyk, daughter of Hendrik Eversdyk of Amsterdam Engela Valk of Amsterdam. Two children: Abraham Hendricus (bapt. 14/6/1768) and Engela Christina (bapt. 15/6/1777) married to Dirk Johannes Weesberg of the Cape."
- [S727] Dr. J. Hoge 'The family of the Rajah of Tambora at the Cape' "Maria Magdalena (bapt. 1/8/1734) married (a) 19/7/1761 Dirk Hendrik Mos, son of Gerrit Mos of Amsterdam Elisabeth Uys (b) 3/6/1770 to Johann Anton Adolph Butger or Betger of Detmold, a soldier. She had four children by her first husband, and five by her second husband, of whom the eldest, Christina Alesia Butger (bapt. 30/12/1770) was married 4/7/1802 to François Johannes Retief, by whom she had daughter, Magdalena Dorothea (bapt. 18/3/1804); (b) 28/7/1808 to Johannes Kleynsmith, by whom she had two children, Catharina Margaretha and Johan Christoffel. Maria Magdalena Addehan died 26/10/1788."