Louis van Wyk
M, #10987, b. before 10 November 1726
|Hester de Jager b. b 24 Feb 1726|
- Louis van Wyk1 b. b 9 May 1755
- Sara Susanna Elizabeth van Wyk3 b. 1 Jan 1760, d. 7 Oct 1837
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Louis van Wyk became a burgher circa 1751, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival Swellendam.1|
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", 22 September 2008 (e-mail address). This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182. Hereinafter cited as "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter."
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Den 10 November 1726; K: Loùijs; V: Adriaan van Wijk; M: Sara Fori; G: Pieter van den Hever, Johanna Bokkelenberg.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S709] Website Geni (www.Geni.com).