Adrianùs van Wyk
M, #6123, b. 25 December 1701
|Notes||Adrianùs van Wyk may not be the individual married to Sara Fourie. Based on current available evidence researched by Richard Ball ( http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/kfp/I832.html), it is possible that this Adriaan died very young and that there was another Adria(a)n(us) born to Arij van Wijck and Cornelia Helms around 1705. In that event, Sara Fourie would have married the second born Adria(a)n(us), not this individual. This would not change the fact of the union between Sara and a son of Arij and Cornelia and that their children were descendants of this branch of the Van Wijck/Wyk family.6|
- [S324] GSSA, "Die VAN WYK-families van Suid-Afrika, Uitgawe 3", 6 Feb 2010 (Pretoria). , Citing NG Kerk Stellenbosch doopregister, p.24. Hereinafter cited as "Die VAN WYK-families van Suid-Afrika, Uitgawe 3."
- [S324] GSSA, "Die VAN WYK-families van Suid-Afrika, Uitgawe 3."
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Adrianùs, soon van Arien van Wijck d' moeder Cornelia Helmers, getùygen Getùygen (sic) Geertrùyd Helmers gedoopt 24 Decemb 1701.. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Den 11 Julij 1728. K: Marcus Antonius; V: Louijs Florij; M: Anna Jordaan; G: Adrijaan van Wijk. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Den 15 Meij 1729; K: Johanna Marija; V: Gerrit van Hoeting; M: Claùdina Lombardt; G: Adrijaan van Wijke; Marija Lombardt.
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "on the page: http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/kfp/I832.html
“Notes: There is a contradiciton in the surviving documentary records. There is a baptism for Adrianus, son of Arij van Wijk and Cornelia Helmes in the Stellebosch baptismal register, dated 25 December 1701, and also a reference in the will that Cornelia Helmes drew up in 1720 with her last husband, which lists her children thus: Rolof, Aletta, Willem, Sara, Adriaan, Maria, Catarina and Hester VanWijk. This agrees with with the baptismal evidence.
Unfortunately the only reference to him which gives his age is one in the will of his father and mother dated 1713, which reads thus: Roelof aged 18, Aletta 17, Willem 16, Sara 15, Maria 9, Adrianus 8, Catrina 3, and Hester 6 months, which conflicts with the two other references, one earlier and one later than this latter one. In this list of 1713, some of the childrens ages are spot on with their dates of baptism, but Sara and Adriaans would appear to be wrong. I have taken the baptism and the later reference as indicating that there was only one child Adriaan and that he was born c. 1701.
Details of his family from the Deceased Estate Accounts of Willem van Wijk d'oude, 1771-72 and those of Sara Fourie also dated 1771-72.”."
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1723; Den 13de Junij; Adriaan, zoon van Adriaan van Wijk en Sara Forie; Getùijgen Loùis Fori en Anna Joùrdaan.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Anno 1725; Den zelven dato [Den 2 Maart]; K: Sùsanna; V: Adrijaan van Wijk; M: Sara Forie; G: Jacob Coetzer, Sùsanna Snijmans.
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", 22 September 2008 (e-mail address). This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182. Hereinafter cited as "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter."
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Den 15 Meij 1729; K: Johannes Willem; V: Adrijaan van Wijk; M: Sara Forij; G: Jùrrien Hanekom, Johanna van den Bos.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1731; Den 2de 10br; Roelof; Adrian van Wijk en Sara Forij; Wilhelm van Wijk ende Deerkje Helmse.