Jan Gerritz: Stoos1
M, #11768, b. circa 1670
|NGK (Cape Town) Marriages1695-1712||NGK (Cape Town) Marriages 1695-1712|
|NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732||NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732|
|Birth*||Jan Gerritz: Stoos was born circa 1670.1|
|Marriage*||He married Anna Myne on 5 April 1711 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town), de Caep de Goede Hoop.2,3,1|
|Baptisms - Witness||Jan Gerritz: Stoos and Anna Myne witnessed the baptism of Anna van Helsdingen on 11 June 1724 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Drakenstein, de Caep de Goede Hoop.4|
|Property Transactions||In 1714 following the death of Simon van der Stel, and after Witteboomen reverted to its former separate state, and it was purchased by Jan Gerritz: Stoos.5|
In 1716 a portion of Witteboomen was sold by Jan Gerritz: Stoos to Johannes Franke, who names it Frankengift.6
In 1724 Jan Gerritz: Stoos sold the property Witteboomen to Jan Hendrik van Helsdingen, subsequently, it changes hands as follows:
inherited by Johannes Guilliam van Helsdingen
Aan Jan Guilliam word ook die plaats Witte Boomen bemaak op voorwaarde dat hy 6000 "Caabse guldens" in die boedel inbetaal. Indien dit nie gebeur nie, moet die plaas op 'n openbare veiling verkoop word."
wife enlarges & runs property
sold to W.F. van Rheede van Oudtshoorn
sold to J.A. Dreyer
sold to J.W. Brunt
sold to W. Crozier van Rheede van Oudtshoorn
sold to D.J. de Kock
sold to W.A. van der Byl
Original U-shaped homestead ravaged by fire & altered / renovated & one wing given 2nd storey & woodwork replaced; house is difficult to date but thickness of walls & what is still visible of original ground floor plan suggest not later than 1824; house probably built by elder Van Helsdingen, possibly even Stoots; present front facade was originally one of side wings.7
- [S152] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 3 H-I (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1992), p. 296. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 3 H-I.
- [S629] Personal communications between Mansell Upham and Delia Robertson, 2010-present. 5 April 1711:
Jan Gerritz Stoos
Anna Myna, wed. van Helsdingen.
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town), 1695-1712: D:o (5 April 1711)
Jan Gerritz: Stoos, met Anna
Mijna, wed:e van Helsdingen.
"Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 107, 5 Apr 1711, marriage entry for Jan Gerritz: Stoos and Anna Mijna, transcribed by Corney Keller, (24 Mar 2012), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1724; Anna, Doghter van Jan Van Helsdingen en Elisabet Snyman. Getuijgen Jan, G: Stoots en Anna Myne.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S821] Mansell Upham, "Constantia Subdivisions", February 2015 (Tokyo). This breakdown of the Constantia subdivisions from Mansell Upham is based on his research in the title deeds, 1712: subdivided from original farm Constantia - bought by Pieter de Meijer & sold immediately to J.J. Kotze; Kotze's widow, Elsabe marries Johannes Colyn. Hereinafter cited as "Constantia Subdivisions."
- [S821] Mansell Upham, "Constantia Subdivisions", This breakdown of the Constantia subdivisions from Mansell Upham is based on his research in the title deeds, 1716: bought by J. Franke (smaller half of original farm Witteboomen).
- [S821] Mansell Upham, "Constantia Subdivisions", This breakdown of the Constantia subdivisions from Mansell Upham is based on his research in the title deeds, 1724: sold to Jan Hendrik van Helsdingen.