Kaije Jesse Slotsboo1
M, #14368, b. circa 1680
|NGK (Cape Town) Marriages1695-1712||NGK (Cape Town) Marriages 1695-1712|
|BirthOrigin*||Kaije Jesse Slotsboo was from Hadersleben, , and many have been born there circa 1680. This is modern day Haderslev, Denmark.2,3|
|Marriage*||He married Anna Regina Hartz, daughter of Heinrich Hartz and Judith Marquardt, on 23 December 1703 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town), de Caep de Goede Hoop.2,3|
|Anna Regina Hartz b. b 19 Jan 1687|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||23 December 1703, the name of Kaije was written in the record as Caje Jesse Slotsbo.4|
|Slaves owned by individuals||On 8 June 1710 Rosa van Bengale and Emanuel van de Caep were owned by Kaije Jesse Slotsboo. It is unclear whether Emanuel father, and Rosa's partner, Antonij Dosant was enslaved or a free person.5|
On 8 February 1711 Anthony van de Kust, Helena van Bengale and their son Antonij van de Caep, were owned by Kaije Jesse Slotsboo.5
On 7 August 1712 Anthony van de Kust and Helena van Bengale were owned by Kaije Jesse Slotsboo.5
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "In this referenced resolution Slotsboo's first name is written Kaije. In many subsequent instances in the resolutions it appears variously as Kaje, Caije, and Caje. After he become a member of the Council of Policy, his signature is always transcribed as K.J. Slotsboo - not Slotsbo as often appears in other records.
Reference code: C. 25, pp. 21-27.
Saturdag den 19 December 1705, des voornoens.
...En zijn weder tot Commissarissen aengesteld in plaetze van Joannes Swellengrebel en Jan Rotterdam, Kaije Jesse slotsboo en Hendrik Donker, de laetste uijt de vrijluijden.
...Voor den affgaende president in 't collegie van kleijne zaeken Willem van Putten is weder gekooren Willem Corssenaar en tot Commissaris uijt 's Comps. dienaren in plaetze van Kaije Jesse slotsboo, Jan Brommert."
- [S717] NGK G 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk - First Marriage Register at the Cape, 1665-1712: 23 December 1703;
Caje Jesse Slotsbo van Hadersleben, jongman
Anna Regina Hartz jongedochter, as transcribed and annotated by Mansell Upham, (10 September 2012), Personal Library. Hereinafter cited as Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk - First Marriages.
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town), 1695-1712: 23 Dec: 1703
Caje Jesse Slotsbo van Hadersleben jongm:
met Anna Regina Hartz jongd:
"Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 99, 23 Dec 1703, marriage entry for Caje Jesse Slotsbo and Anna Regina Hartz, transcribed by Corney Keller, (24 Mar 2012), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town) transcribed by Corney Keller: "Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 99, 23 Dec 1703, marriage entry for Caje Jesse Slotsbo and Anna Regina Hartz, 24 Mar 2012, Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/
- [S502] Website Family Search (www.familysearch.org).
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town), (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).