Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij1
M, #16057, b. circa 1660
|Birth*||Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij was born circa 1660 in Calomkoij.1|
|Marriage-Candidate*||He and Beggum (Begum) Pn Bunni Dada van Macassar may have been married before 1682. This relationship is assumed. The Macassarese royalty exiled to the Cape included spouses and children. This person was only recorded as Beggum [sic] Bunni Dada. Begum is a female royal title used in central and south Asia.2|
|(PoliticalPrisoner) ShipVoyage||On 20 January 1682 the Kortgene departed Ceylon enroute to the Cape where it arrived on 5 April 1682. Among those on board were the politically exiled Macassarese prince Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij, his wife, Beggum (Begum) Pn Bunni Dada van Macassar, assumed; and two knechts, Rammasoda van Macassar and Ramantompi van Macassar.3,4|
|Occupation*||On 9 May 1686 Rammasoda van Macassar was recorded as the servant — knecht — of Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij.3|
|Occupation*||On 9 May 1686 Ramantompi van Macassar was recorded as the servant — knecht — of Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij.3|
|Misc*||Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij and Beggum (Begum) Pn Bunni Dada van Macassar was included in a list of Maccassarese royalty — Lijst … de … Macasarschen Princen C.501 — sent on 5 September 1686 from the Cape to the VOC in Batavia on 5 September 1686.5|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||23 August 1694, the name of Bunni was written in the record as Bommi Hoda Dada.6|
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.166.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), citing C.501, Letters despatched p.508, Sep 5, 1686 … Lijst … de … Macasarschen Princen. Beggum · Bela · Betan · Boset · Boung · Bunni Dada. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, citing C.501, Letters despatched p.508, Sep 5, 1686 … List … de … Macasarschen Princen.
- [S351] Grahame Naudé, "Dutch East India Company Shipping", Familia (DEIC Shipping) 43 Number 1 (2006): Details of voyage 5761.2 from Ceylon
Name of ship KORTGENE
Type of ship
Date of departure 20-01-1682
Place of departure Ceylon
Arrival at Cape 05-04-1682
Departure from Cape 28-04-1682
Date of arrival at destination 31-08-1682
Place of arrival
Chamber for which cargo is destined Amsterdam (469,73)
Previous outward voyage 1375.2
On Board I II III
Soldiers 31. Hereinafter cited as "Dutch East India Company Shipping."
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, section on the princes of macassar, citing Letters despatched: Lijst … de … Macasarschen Princen C.501.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.166. 23.8.1694, pp. 10 (verso) - 11 (verso): Cupido from Temate (16/17), sold by Claas Leendertsz van Houten, Free Burgher, to Bommi Hoba Dada and Chilimoda Bima from Temate for Rds. 150 Indian valuation.