|ShipVoyage*||On 20 January 1682 the Kortgene departed Ceylon enroute to the Cape where it arrived on 5 April 1682. Among those on board were the politically exiled Macassarese prince Bunni Dada van Macassar van Calomkoij, his wife, Beggum (Begum) Pn Bunni Dada van Macassar, assumed; and two knechts, Rammasoda van Macassar and Ramantompi van Macassar.4,5|
- This vessel seems also to have been incorrectly recorded as Oortgeeme.
- [S351] Grahame Naudé, "Dutch East India Company Shipping", Familia (DEIC Shipping) 43 Number 1 (2006): Details of voyage 5761.2 from Ceylon
Name of ship KORTGENE.... Hereinafter cited as "Dutch East India Company Shipping."
- [S654] Mansell Upham 'What can't be cured, must be endured … Cape of Good Hope - first marriages & baptisms (1652-1665)', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), January 2012.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), citing C.501, Letters despatched p.508, Sep 5, 1686 … List … de … Macasarschen Princen. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.
- [S351] Grahame Naudé, "Dutch East India Company Shipping", Details of voyage 5761.2 from Ceylon
Name of ship KORTGENE
Type of ship
Date of departure 20-01-1682
Place of departure Ceylon
Arrival at Cape 05-04-1682
Departure from Cape 28-04-1682
Date of arrival at destination 31-08-1682
Place of arrival
Chamber for which cargo is destined Amsterdam (469,73)
Previous outward voyage 1375.2
On Board I II III