Hendrik van der Tijt1
M, #16790, b. circa 1665
|Birth*||Hendrik van der Tijt was born circa 1665.1|
|Occupation*||On 21 January 1700 Hendrik van der Tijt was a second mate on the Christianus Quintus.1|
|Slave Transactions||On 21 January 1700 Paul van Madagascar was sold by Hendrik van der Tijt to Hendrick Bouman, for Rds. 52.2|
On 21 January 1700 Daniel van Madagascar was sold on behalf of Jan Bout by Hendrik van der Tijt to Aelbert Barentsz, for Rds. 25 and 50 stuivers heavy money.3
On 23 January 1700 Rojkje van Madagascar was was sold on behalf of Hendrik van der Tijt by Heribert Dompselaar to Christoph Grünewaldt, for Rds. 40.4,5
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p. 191.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 191. 21.1.1700: Paul from Madagascar (18/19), sold by Hendrik van der Tijt, second mate of the Christianus Quintus, to Hendrik Bouman for Rds. 52.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 191. 21.1.1700: Daniel from Madagascar (8), sold by Hendrik van der Tijt on behalf of Jan Bout to Albert Barentsz for Rds. 25 and 50 stuivers heavy money.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 191. 23.1.1700: Rokje from Madagascar (22), sold by Heribertus van Dompselaar on behalf of Hendrik van der Tijt to Christoffel Groenewalt for Rds. 40.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), 1680, Rojkje
Sequence IDNO: 1680
Slaves First Name: Rojkje
Presumed Place Of Origin: van Madagascar
Day Of Sale: 23
Month Of Sale: 1
Year Of Sale: 1700
Type Of Name: Autochthonous
Continental Origin Code: Mada&Mau
Slaves Age: 22
Slaves Gender: Male
Price In Rixdollars: 40
Sellers Last Name: Dompselaar
Sellers First Name: Heribert
Sellers Civil Status: VOC employee
Sellers Gender: Male
Sellers Domicile: Table valley
Sellers Occupation: Second Mate
Buyers Last Name: Groenewald
Buyers First Name: Christoffel
Buyers Civil Status: burgher
Buyers Gender: Male
Buyers Domicile: Table valley
Buyers Occupation: blacksmith
Comments And References: Buyer
Primary Reference: Transporten en Scheepeniskennis. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.