Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger1
M, #17005, b. circa 1630, d. 1658
|BirthOrigin*||Hans was from Hoven and may have been born there circa 1630. His age is estimated.2 |
|Death*||He died in 1658, he was recorded among the Deceased Freemen.3|
|(Passenger) ShipVoyage|| On 27 June 1656 the Vogelzang departed Texel enroute to (Cape Town) where it docked on 3 December 1656. Among those on board was Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger.4,5 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||6 March 1657, the name of Hans was written in the record as Moens Pietersz: Faesbengger, I have assumed that the first name has on this occasion was incorrectly written or transcribed.2|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||On 6 March 1657 Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger was enumerated in the muster roll, as a soldier.2|
On 31 May 1657 Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger was enumerated in the muster roll, among the free men, or vrijlieden.1
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||On 14 April 1657, Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger was granted a vrijbrief or letter of freedom which released him from his contractual obligations to the VOC and accorded him the status of vrijburgher or free burgher. The vrijbrief was signed by Rijcklof van Goens.6|
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Letters Despatched 1652-1662 to which are added land grants, attestations, Journal of voyage to Tristan da Cunha, names of freemen, &c. Vol III, H.C.V. Leibrandt; (Cape Town, South Africa: W.A. Richards & Sons, Government Printers, 1900), p.290.. Hereinafter cited as Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.286-287.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.308. Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger, freeman, who arrived here in the flute de Vogesangh in 1656 (an Amsterdam ship).
- [S351] Grahame Naudé, "Dutch East India Company Shipping", Familia (DEIC Shipping) 43 Number 1 (2006): Details of voyage 0860.1 from Texel to Batavia
Name of ship VOGELZANG
Master Ram, Robert
Type of ship fluit
Date of departure 27-06-1656
Place of departure Texel
Arrival at Cape 03-12-1656
Departure from Cape 15-12-1656
Date of arrival at destination 22-02-1657
Place of arrival Batavia
Next homeward voyage 5481.1
On Board I II III IV V VI
Seafarers 208 8 14 4 110
Soldiers 76. Hereinafter cited as "Dutch East India Company Shipping."
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.308.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.264. As above to:-
Hans Pietersz: Faesbenger, of Hove, soldier, d.d. 14th April, 1657.