Jan Christoffel Broeckmeulen1
M, #17069, b. circa 1630, d. 1658
|BirthOrigin*||Jan was from Maeseyck and was perhaps born there circa 1630.1 |
|Death*||He died in 1658.2|
|(Passenger) ShipVoyage|| On 27 June 1657 Jan Christoffel Broeckmeulen sailed on the Walvis from Goeree to (Cape Town) where it docked on 27 June 1657.3,4 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||The name of Jan appeared as Christoffel Broeckermeulen in the cited publication(s.)5|
The name of Jan appeared as Harman Broeckmeulen in the cited publication(s.)2
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Letters Despatched 1652-1662 to which are added land grants, attestations, Journal of voyage to Tristan da Cunha, names of freemen, &c. Vol III, H.C.V. Leibrandt; (Cape Town, South Africa: W.A. Richards & Sons, Government Printers, 1900), p.265.. Hereinafter cited as Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.308. Harnian Broeckmeulen, freeman, who was in the service of Freemen here, and arrived in the ship Walvis of the Delft Chamber in 1657.
- [S351] Grahame Naudé, "Dutch East India Company Shipping", Familia (DEIC Shipping) 43 Number 1 (2006): Details of voyage 0876.8 from Goeree to Batavia
Name of ship WALVIS
Master Bunschoten, Barend Barendsz. Lam van
Type of ship
Date of departure 27-06-1657
Place of departure Goeree
Arrival at Cape 02-11-1657
Departure from Cape 11-11-1657
Date of arrival at destination 01-02-1658
Place of arrival Batavia
Next homeward voyage 5467.8
On Board I II III IV V VI
Seafarers 340 5 8 3 8 188
Soldiers 12 5 131
Passengers 8. Hereinafter cited as "Dutch East India Company Shipping."
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.308.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.295.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.265. As above to:- Jan Christoffel Broeckmeulen, of Maeseyck, d.d. 15th December, 1657.