M, #17264, b. circa 1640, d. 1659
|BirthOrigin*||Anthony was from Antwerp and was perhaps born there circa 1640.1 |
|Death*||He died in 1659, he was recorded among the those who died and who had been employed by the Zeeland Chamber.2|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||The name of Anthony appeared as Anthony Terron in the cited publication(s.)6|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||On 5 March 1659 Anthony Terrouw was enumerated in the muster roll, he was recorded among the 'sick and invalids' as a soldier.1|
- [S364] Editor-in-chief W.J. de Kock Dictionary of South African Biography Vol II. (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1972), p.297.. Hereinafter cited as Dictionary of SA Biography II.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Letters Despatched 1652-1662 to which are added land grants, attestations, Journal of voyage to Tristan da Cunha, names of freemen, &c. Vol III, H.C.V. Leibrandt; (Cape Town, South Africa: W.A. Richards & Sons, Government Printers, 1900), p.309. Anthony Terron, of Antwerp, soldier, arrived in the Prins Willem in 1658.. Hereinafter cited as Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope.
- [S795] Website The Dutch East India Company's shipping between the Netherlands and Asia 1595-1795 (http://resources.huygens.knaw.nl/das/search) "Number 0885.4
Name of ship PRINS WILLEM
Type of ship
Date of departure 25-01-1658
Place of departure Wielingen
Arrival at Cape 17-06-1658
Departure from Cape 05-07-1658
Date of arrival at destination 12-09-1658
Place of arrival Batavia
Particulars Via S. Vincente: one man deserted there."
- [S654] Mansell Upham 'What can't be cured, must be endured … Cape of Good Hope - first marriages & baptisms (1652-1665)', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), January 2012. "17 June 1658: Prins Willem brings: Hester Weyers: van Lier, Mrs Bastincq wife accompanying husband - chief merchant Willem Bastincq."
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.309. Jan Jansz: de Beer, of Maestricht, trumpeter, arrived in the Prins Willem in 1658.
Anthony Terron, of Antwerp, soldier, arrived in the Prins Willem in 1658.
- [S647] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, p.309.