M, #2995, b. circa 1684, d. 1738
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||2 December 1713, the name of Etienne was written in the record as Steven Terre Blanche.2|
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on date of arrival at the Cape, apparently travelling by himself, which implies he was likely an adult or close to it.
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/dutoit/I438.html, last accessed 12 Oct 2010;
2 Church Registers - Stellenbosch Congregation, photocopies of the originals, work of the HSRC, circa 1980, Cape Archives (oringinals in Theological Seminary, Stellenbosch), VC 633
marriages, page 8, 1713
[ ] Decmb' Steven Terre Blanche van Toulon, met Martha la Febre Wede. Pinar.
(I can't read the day in my copy of the register - De Villiers Pama gives it as 2nd)."
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988 (28 Wale Street, Cape Town: Tafelberg Publishers Limited, 1988), p.169. Hereinafter cited as The Huguenots of South Africa.
- [S564] Delia Robertson This information is not verified and comes from a short handwritten family register on this family which I have in my personal library. The author is unknown. It is offered here merely as a guide for further research or for anyone who may be able to confirm it.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1714; 5de Maij; Isaac, soon van David Senecal, en Anna Magdalena dù Pùits: Getùygen Etienne Terreblanche, en Joanna Moùij.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Anno 1714; Hester doghter van Jacob Pienaar, en Loùwise Cortje, getuijgen Steven Sterblancke, en Geertruijda Blom.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1721; Maria, Doghter van Anthonie Noortje en Maria Pinar. Getuijge Steven Ter Blance en Martha Lafaber.