Johann Heinrich de Lange
M, #5097, b. before 27 October 1720
|Father*||Dirch Hinrichs de Lange b. c 1700|
|Mother*||Ancke Janssen b. c 1700|
|Aletta Lubbe b. b 24 Jun 1731|
- Aletta de Lange1 b. b 12 Mar 1758
- Eva Maria de Lange1 b. b 24 Jun 1759
- Adriaan de Lange2 b. b 7 Mar 1773
|Occupation*|| In 1748 Johann Heinrich de Lange was Sailor, VOC Cape of Good Hope.1 |
|Occupation|| Between 1748 and 1771 Johann Heinrich de Lange was a farm labourer at Sneeuberg, Nieuweveld, Roeveld and Koeberg.4 |
|Farm*|| In 1775 Johann Heinrich de Lange owned the farm De Rietvallei.2 |
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Johann Heinrich de Lange became a burgher in 1775, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival.2|
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), p.36. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M, Page 36.
- [S502] Website Family Search (www.familysearch.org) "1757. April 3. Jan Hendrik Lang, met Alettha Lubbe
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.