M, #5117, b. before 10 March 1658, d. circa 1717
|Birth*||Pierre Lombard was born before 10 March 1658 in Pointaix, Dauphiné, France.2,3,4,5|
|Baptism||Pierre Lombard was baptized on 10 March 1658 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, Pontaix. I have assumed this to be the correct baptism because it fits the place and date profile and because at the time he left the parish of Amsterdam enroute to the Cape, the records reflected that he and his wife were travelling with their Mère Eve.1,2 |
|Marriage*||He married Marie Couteau circa 1687 Dauphiné, France.5|
|Death*||He died circa 1717.6|
|(Passenger) ShipVoyage|| On 6 January 1688 Pierre Lombard sailed on the Borssenburg from Texel to de Caep de Goede Hoop where it docked on 12 May 1688.7 |
|Farm*|| Pierre Lombard owned the farm Watergat, currently known as Bien Donne in Franshoek.6 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||Between 8 September 1695 and 29 November 1705, the name of Pierre was written in the record as Pierre Lombart.8|
- [S858] Website Société de k'Histoire du Protestantisme Français (http://www.shpf.fr/) "LOMBARD Pierre, fils de Pierre & d'Eve BERENGIER, b 10.3.1658."
- [S575] M. Boucher, French Speakers at the Cape in the first hundred years of Dutch East India Company rule: The European background (Pretoria: University of South Africa, 1981), pp.178-179 It was Pierre Lombard who was a member of the congregation at Pontaiz in DAuphiné, a picturesque little town on the right bank of the Drôme below Die. A man of about thirty years of age when he left the Amsterdam church in December 1687 he was accompanied by his wife Marie Couteau, a year his junior. Lombard had a further responsibility. The church register speak of the departure of the couple "et leur Mère Eve".. Hereinafter cited as French Speakers at the Cape.
- [S486] Colin Graham Botha, The French Refugees at the Cape (Cape Town: Cape Times Limited, 1921), p.76. Hereinafter cited as The French Refugees at the Cape.
- [S336] R.T.J. Lombard, "Die moord by Kopfontein; Lombard en Van Aswegen", Familia (Lombard en Van Aswegen) Vol. 21, no. 3 (1984): 62-67, 72-82.. Hereinafter cited as "Die moord by Kopfontein; Lombard en Van Aswegen."
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), Page 163. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.
- [S336] R.T.J. Lombard, "Die moord by Kopfontein; Lombard en Van Aswegen", pgs. 62-67, 72-82.
- [S368] Webpage Olive Tree Ships - Borssenburg (http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/sahug03.shtml) "Borssenburg - 2nd ship to leave Netherlands but 3rd ship to arrive at Cape, 150 feet long, could carry 80 passengers, sailed January 6, 1688, arrived Cape May 12, 1688. no disease nor death on board
* Pierre Rousseau
* Marie Rousseau
* Francois Retif
* Anne Retif
* Pierre Meyer
* Michel Martineau, Blois
* Pierre Lombard
* Marie Couteau of Soubeyran, Dauphine
* Daniel Hugot of Champagne
Source:Coertzen, Pieter - "The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988", Tafelberg Publishers Limited, Cape Town, 1988
Contributor June 19, 1999 Sonia Tkachuk van Heerden."
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Le 8 Septembre 1695; Anne filles de Pierre Lombart Et de Marie Couteau Le temoins Et Daniel Ugot [Hugo?] et Anne Fauche.
29 Novembre ; Sara; d' Vader Louis Fourij, de Moeder Susanna Cordier. Getuygen Pierre Lombart, en Claudina Lombart. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 29 Novembre ; Sara; d' Vader Louis Fourij, de Moeder Susanna Cordier. Getuygen Pierre Lombart, en Claudina Lombart.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 29 Novembre
d' Vader Louis Fourij, de Moeder Susanna Cordier. Getuygen Pierre Lombart, en Claudina Lombart.
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M, p. 199.
- [S209] J.E. Malherbe, Pierre Jaubert and his family, Ancestor Series (P.O. Box 37, Franschoek, 7690, South Africa: Huguenot Memorial Museum, 1997), ISBN 1-919892-02-8. Hereinafter cited as Pierre Jaubert and his family.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Le 9 May Lannée ditau ; Eva fille de Pierre Lombart Et de Marie Couteau Le temoins sont La fils Et La fille de Monsiuer Pierre Simond mais Monsr. Et mademoiselle Simond il on Repondu pour leurs Enfans.