Marie de Villiers
F, #5194, b. circa 1673, d. between 26 July 1699 and 8 October 1700
|Birth*||Marie de Villiers was born circa 1673 in La Rochelle or Guines, France.1|
|Marriage*||She married Jacques Mouton before 1690 Flandre, .2,3|
|Death*||She died between 26 July 1699 and 8 October 1700 de Caep de Good Hoop. Some publications record her husband as being a widow when he arrived at the Cape on 20 July 1699, but she was apparently still alive when her daughter Margareta was baptised, and died sometime before her husband remarried as a widow the following year.4,5,6,7|
- [S319] Juna Malherbe and Alet Malan, compiler, Genealogy of the DeVilliers Family in South Africa (Franschoek, South Africa: Board of Trustees, De Villiers Publications Fund, 1999), Page 877: "La Rochelle or Guines, France † ca 1699, possibly on board of the ship. She is possibly the Marie de Villiers born on 9.11.1673, and baptised on 12.11.1673 at Guines, France as the daughter of Jean de Villiers and Francoise Joing; x Belgium (Flanders) Jacques MOUTON of Steenkerken, Belgium. He was divorced from Catherine l'Hermite who was remarried in Europe to Pierre le Roy. He [Mouton] had three children with his first wife, that is Jacques, Antoine and Marie-Jeanne. They remained in Europe with their mother. He also had three children with Marie de Villiers, that is Madeleine and Marie (who was born in Middelburg, The Netherlands) and Marguerite who was born on board ship. They arrived at the Cape on 20.7.1699 on board the Donkervliet. His wife (Marie de Villiers) died either on board ship or soon after their arrival, because he is described in [official ?] documents as a widower. He married a third time on 8.10.1700, to Francina Bevernagie. He is the progenitor of the South African Mouton family and was among the early residents of the "Land van Waveren" (Tulbagh).". Hereinafter cited as DeVilliers Genealogy.
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa 1688-1988 (28 Wale Street, Cape Town: Tafelberg Publishers Limited, 1988), Page 166. Hereinafter cited as The Huguenots of South Africa.
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), page 703. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.
- [S700] VC 604, NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town), 1695-1712:  8 Octob: Jacob Moeton wed:naar van Iperen met Francina Bevernagie van Nederbrakel jongd:
"Kerkboek 1695-1712," p. 95, 8 oct 1700, marriage entry for Jacob Moeton and Francina Bevernagie, transcribed by Corney Keller, (24 Mar 2012), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1696-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town):  Idem [26 Jul] van Jacob Mouton en Maria Villiere gent: - Margareta, (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S154] Pieter Coertzen, The Huguenots of South Africa, Page 166 - her husband arrived at the Cape as a widower on this date.
- [S319] Juna Malherbe and Alet Malan, DeVilliers Genealogy, page 877.
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town): [7 Maij 1702] van Abraham Villers en Susanna Gardeole, onder getuyge van Petrus Simond, en Maria Villers gent: - Maria, 1695-1712, Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/