M, #5658, b. before 11 September 1718
|Maria van der Schyff b. b 1 Aug 1723|
- Lucas Meyer b. 27 Jan 1754
- Hermanus Barend Meyer b. 9 Nov 1755
- Sibella Hermina Meyer b. 6 May 1759
- Agatha Catharina Meyer b. 17 Jan 1762
- Lucas Meyer b. 13 May 1764
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Barend Meyer became a burgher on 11 September 1748, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival (Cape Town), de Caep de Goede Hoop.4|
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on date of baptism.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Den 11dr Dito [September 1718]. Barent, soon van Lucas Mijer en Agata Blom. Getuijgen ouders selfs.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), p.608. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.
- [S194] GEDCOM file created by Johan Meyer, 24 August 2000.