|Birth*||Jacques de Savoye was born circa 1558 in Ath.1|
|Marriage*||He married Jeanne de la Mer circa 1583.2,3,4|
|Jeanne de la Mer b. c 1562|
- [S203] Mansell Upham 'Cape Mothers: Groote Catrijn van Paliacatta (c. 1631-1683), her slave Maria van Bengale & her daughter-in-law Marguerite-Thérèse de Savoye (1673-1742)', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), October 2014.
- [S707] Editor-in-chief C.J. Beyers Dictionary of South African Biography Vol III. (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1977), p.210. Hereinafter cited as Dictionary of SA Biography III.
- [S575] M. Boucher, French Speakers at the Cape in the first hundred years of Dutch East India Company rule: The European background (Pretoria: University of South Africa, 1981), pp. 264-269. Hereinafter cited as French Speakers at the Cape.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S930] E-mail from Susan Anneveldt (e-mail address) to FFY, dated 2017-2019, "Known children:
Jeanne, chr. 11 Apr 1584, Ath
Martin, chr. 12 Nov 1591, Ath
Marguerite, chr. 13 Nov 1597, Ath
Julien, chr. 26 Oct 1602, Ath."
- [S745] Juna Malherbe, "Juna Malherbe," e-mail message from e-mail address (Franschoek) to Michelle de Marillac St Julien, Jun 2013. Hereinafter cited as "Juna Malherbe."