Jeanne de la Mer1
F, #6275, b. circa 1562
|BirthOrigin*||Jeanne was from Hainault and was perhaps born there circa 1562. The date is estimated.2,3|
|Marriage*||She married Jacques de Savoye circa 1583.4,5,2|
|Jacques de Savoye b. c 1558|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Jeanne was written in the record as Jeanne Desuslamer.4|
Jeanne de la Mer was also known as Jeanne van der Zee.5
An unknown date , the name of Jeanne was written in the record as Jeanne Delamere.4
- [S930] E-mail from Susan Anneveldt (e-mail address) to FFY, dated 2017-2019, "Incidentally, Jeanne VAN DER ZEE never appears with the Netherlandish version of her surname in the Ath records."
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S930] E-mail from Susan Anneveldt to FFY, 2017-2019 "Jeanne DE LA MER/VAN DER ZEE, born about 1562, probably Hainault, present-day Belgium."
- [S707] Editor-in-chief C.J. Beyers Dictionary of South African Biography Vol III. (Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council, 1977), p.210. Hereinafter cited as Dictionary of SA Biography III.
- [S575] M. Boucher, French Speakers at the Cape in the first hundred years of Dutch East India Company rule: The European background (Pretoria: University of South Africa, 1981), pp. 264-269. Hereinafter cited as French Speakers at the Cape.
- [S930] E-mail from Susan Anneveldt to FFY, 2017-2019 "Known children:
Jeanne, chr. 11 Apr 1584, Ath
Martin, chr. 12 Nov 1591, Ath
Marguerite, chr. 13 Nov 1597, Ath
Julien, chr. 26 Oct 1602, Ath."
- [S745] Juna Malherbe, "Juna Malherbe," e-mail message from e-mail address (Franschoek) to Michelle de Marillac St Julien, Jun 2013. Hereinafter cited as "Juna Malherbe."