Johann Martinus Kneppel
M, #8405, b. circa 1670, d. circa 1702
|Birth*||Johann Martinus Kneppel was born circa 1670 in Danzig.1|
|Marriage*||He married Margaretha Vogt circa 1693.2|
|Death*||He died circa 1702.3|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||An unknown date , the name of Johann was written in the record as Johann Martinus Knuppel.|
29 August 1694, the name of Johann was written in the record as Jan Maertenze Knoppel.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806, Archives Year Book for South African History (Cape Town: Government Printer, Union of South Africa, 1946), Kneppel., JOHANN MARTINUS (S), also called KNUPPEL. -Danzig. Ship's carpenter 1694. x Margaretha Vogt of Rostock. Children: Dorothea (29.8 .1694) x Jurgen Meerbeek (q.v.), Martin (27.1.1699), Hendrik (28.6.1699). (GMR 1696; Fnv. Q.C. 2:31; CJ 1254, p. 312.). Hereinafter cited as Personalia.
- [S204] Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia, VOGT, MARGARETHA. - Wife of Johann Martin Kneppel, remarried on 11 .11.1703 to Johannes Elsevier of Rotterdam.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on remarriage of spouse, Margaretha Vogt to Johann Elsevier.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.173. 13.5.1696, p. 59: Damon from Ternate (14), sold by Henning Hiising to Jan Knuppel, ship's carpenter, for Rds. 70.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 184. 22.4.1698: Damon from Ternatc (16), sold by Jan Martense Kneppel, a ship's carpenter, to Jan Jansz Eeden for Rds. 90.
- [S397] NGK G1 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.), 1665-1695: 29 dito (Augusi:)  een kind, de vaeder Jan Maertenze Kno[ff/pp]el, moeder Margareta Christia[ ] genaemt Dorothea getuijgen Hans Hendrik Smith, en Grietje Tack, transcribed by Richard Ball, Norfolk, England, (May 2006), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.).
- [S736] VC 605 (NGK G1-8/2), NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town), 2012, transcribed by Corney Keller, (1713-1742), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town).