|NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732||NGK Drakenstein Baptisms 1694-1732|
|BirthOrigin*||Catherine was said to be from Italy and was perhaps born there circa 1695. The date is estimated.1|
|Marriage*||She married Johannes Janse van Vuuren, son of Gerrit Janse van Vuuren and Suzanne Jacob, on 29 October 1713 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town).2|
|Johannes Janse van Vuuren b. c Apr 1694|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||9 February 1716, the name of Catherine was written in the record as Catharina Marre.3|
10 July 1718, the name of Catherine was written in the record as Katharina Marrè.4
23 November 1732, the name of Catherine was written in the record as Catharina Marèé.5
|Baptisms - Witness||Catherine Maré and Pierre Jourdan witnessed the baptism of Pieter del Porte on 7 December 1732 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Drakenstein, de Caep de Goede Hoop.6|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||1705 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in (Cape Town), along with two sons and one daughter. The second son has never been identified, but those enumerated would have been Ignatius Maré, Catherine Maré.7|
1709 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in Drakenstein, along with his wife Suzanne Janse van Vuuren. Also included were two sons and one daughter, these would have been Ignatius Maré and Johannes Maré, Catherine Maré.8
1712 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in Drakenstein, along with his wife Suzanne Janse van Vuuren. Also included were two sons and two daughters, these would have been Ignatius Maré and Johannes Maré, Catherine Maré and Anna Elisabeth Maré.9
April 1720 Johannes Janse van Vuuren was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in, along with his wife Catherine Maré. Also included were one son and one daughter, these would have been Gerrit Janse van Vuuren, Anna Elisabeth van Vuuren. This family is enumerated immediately following that of Catharina's father.10
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), p. 467. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.
- [S733] VC 621, NGK Marriage Registers 1713-1756 (Cape Town) transcribed by Corney Keller: [29 October 1712] Jan Jansz van Veurne met Catharina Marré., (1713-1756), Cape Town Archives Repository, Private Bag X9025, Cape Town, South Africa, 021-4624050. Hereinafter cited as NGK Marriage Registers 1713-1756 (Cape Town).
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1721; Den 22ste Dito [Jùlij]; Johannis, zoon van Jan Van Feùre en Catharina Marre. Getùijgen de Oùders Selfs.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register, Anna Elisabeth, d'Vader Jan Veùren, d'Moeder Katharina Marrè, getù Ignatiùs Marrè, en Jannetie Terie, 10 Jùly 1718.. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1732; item [den 23de 9br]; Susanna; Jan van Voore en Catharina Marèé; Jacob del Porte de Jonge, en Susanna Marrée.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1732; item [den 7de 10bre - December]; Pieter; Pieter del Porte ende Anna Marrais; Pieter Jordaen ende Catharina Marrais.
- [S894] Opgaafrol, J __; J; Tax Rolls, 1705, Cape Archive Depot, 0263 MARE IGNATIUS 1 21 K.
- [S756] Opgaafrol, unknown file number; J; Tax Rolls, 1709, Cape Archive Depot, 0193 MARAIS IGNATIUS 1131 1 1 27 2 16 1 1 1 D. My thanks to Hans Heese for sharing his transcription of this opgaaf.
- [S706] Monsterrol van de vrije luijden 1712 for de Caep de Goede Hoop (Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/), "662 MAREE IGNATIUS 1122 1 5 27 2 30 2 2 D."
- [S882] Opgaafrol, K; KA 4060; Tax Rolls, 1719, Cape Archive Depot, Householder Last Name: Vooren Van
Householder First Name: Jan
Spouse Surname: Marais
Spouse First Name: Catharina
Free Males: 1
Free Females: 1
Free Sons: 1
Free Daughters: 1
Male Adult Slaves: 1
Female Adult Slaves: 0
Male Slave Boys: 0
Female Slave Girls: 0
Leggers Of Wine: 0
Barley Sown: 0
Barley Reaped: 0
Oats Sown Muids: 0
Oats Reaped Muids: 0
Rye Sown: 0
Rye Reaped: 0
All Slaves: 1
Sequence Number In Original IDNO: 0550
Source: Opgaafrolle KA 4060 (April 1720)
Source Location: Cape Town Archives.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Anno 1716; Den 9de Febr;Gerrit, soon van Jan Janse van Veùren en Catharina Marai. Getùijgen Sùsanna Janse Van Veùren en Ignatius Marai.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, 1724; Den 30ste Dito [Jùlij]; Lùcas, zoon van Jan Van Feùre en Catharina Marre. Getùijgen Cornelis Van Leeùwen en Maria Bùijs.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Den 9 November 1727; K: Anna Elizabeth; V: Jan Janzen van Veùren; M: Catharina Marees. G: Jan Marees, Anna Elizabeth Marees.