M, #9065, b. before 24 September 1708
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||24 September 1708, the name of Johannes was written in the record as Johannes Marree.2|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||1709 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in Drakenstein, along with his wife Suzanne Janse van Vuuren. Also included were two sons and one daughter, these would have been Ignatius Maré and Johannes Maré, Catherine Maré.7|
1712 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in Drakenstein, along with his wife Suzanne Janse van Vuuren. Also included were two sons and two daughters, these would have been Ignatius Maré and Johannes Maré, Catherine Maré and Anna Elisabeth Maré.8
April 1720 Ignace Maré was enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in Drakenstein, along with his wife Suzanne Janse van Vuuren. Also included were three sons and three daughters, these would have been Ignatius Maré, Johannes Maré and Lùcas Martinùs Maré, Anna Elisabeth Maré and Susanna Maré. It is clear that by this time his oldest daughter Catharina had left the family home - she was enumerated with her husband immediately following her father and his family.9
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Johannes, de Vader Ignatiùs Marree, de Moeder Sùsanna van Vùer, d' getùygen Jacobùs van As met Helena Schalk, der 24 7br 1708.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1732; item [ Den 7de 7bre]; Johan Marais en Sara del Port; Jacob de Port, Susanna Jansze. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Den 15 September 1726; K: Magdalena Fenesie; V: Ignatius Marais; M: Sùsanna Janse van Feùre; G: Johannes Marais, Anna Elizabeth Marais.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Den 9 November 1727; K: Anna Elizabeth; V: Jan Janzen van Veùren; M: Catharina Marees. G: Jan Marees, Anna Elizabeth Marees.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Ao 1730; den 26 November; Jacobus, de Vaeder Pieter del porte, de moeder Anna Elizabeth Marais, de Getuijge Johannes Marais en Susanna Delporte.
- [S756] Opgaafrol, unknown file number; J; Tax Rolls, 1709, Cape Archive Depot, 0193 MARAIS IGNATIUS 1131 1 1 27 2 16 1 1 1 D. My thanks to Hans Heese for sharing his transcription of this opgaaf.
- [S706] Monsterrol van de vrije luijden 1712 for de Caep de Goede Hoop (Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/), "662 MAREE IGNATIUS 1122 1 5 27 2 30 2 2 D."
- [S882] Opgaafrol, K; KA 4060; Tax Rolls, 1719, Cape Archive Depot, Householder Last Name: Marais
Householder First Name: Ignatius
Spouse Surname: Vooren van
Spouse First Name: Susannah
Free Males: 1
Free Females: 1
Free Sons: 3
Free Daughters: 3
Male Adult Slaves: 1
Female Adult Slaves: 0
Male Slave Boys: 0
Female Slave Girls: 0
Leggers Of Wine: 0
Barley Sown: 2
Barley Reaped: 20
Oats Sown Muids: 0
Oats Reaped Muids: 0
Rye Sown: 0
Rye Reaped: 0
All Slaves: 1
Sequence Number In Original IDNO: 0549
Source: Opgaafrolle KA 4060 (April 1720)
Source Location: Cape Town Archives.
- [S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), p.466, 469. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 5 L-M.