Pieter van Niekerk
M, #10797, b. before 2 April 1702
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||14 November 1734, the name of Pieter was written in the record as Pieter van Nieukerken.5|
|Property Transactions||On 15 July 1743 the farm Hoornbos was sold by Pieter van Niekerk to Willem Stolts. Stolts borrowed the money from the official Willem van Kerkhoff and over the course of the rest of his life he repaid the full amount of Rds 1200, with the last instalment of Rds 438 paid from his estate in 1750.6|
- [S331] Webpage Ball Family Records (www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk) "http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/vanderwesthuizen/…, last accessed on 30 October 2010; viz: 18 Church Register - Cape Town Congregation, Consulted in various forms, microfilm and VOC 603 (photographed), originals in the Nederduits Gereformeerde Argief, Stellenbosch, VC 603, VC 604, VC 605, VC 644
1702, 02 April
van Corneils Nieukerk en Maria vande Westhuijsen
onder getuygen van Johanna Phijfer en Maria vande Westhuijsen
Elisabeth Matthysen van de Caap jongd:."
- [S226] GISA, South African Genealogies 6 N, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 2000), p.258. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 6 N.
- [S736] VC 605 (NGK G1-8/2), NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town), 2012, transcribed by Corney Keller, (1713-1742), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town).
- [S502] Website Family Search (www.familysearch.org) " 2 April van Cornelis van Nieùkerk en Maria van de Westhùijsen, onder getuyge van Johannes Phijffer en Maria van de Westhuijsen gent. Pieter
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/…, last accessed 19 May 2012
[DR: It is possible that the scribe mistakenly wrote the name of the mother as witness, when it was Maria Hendriks, wife of the first witness.]."
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Den 14 9br . Pieter van Nieukerken van Cabo Burger alhier Jongm: met Maria Talefer van Cabo. J.D.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S649] Margaret Cairns, "Willem Stolts of the Cape - 1692-1750", Familia (Willem Stolts of the Cape - 1692-1750) XXVII/1990 No. 2 (1990): Although his bond on Wolwedans was not fully repaid, once more be apparently experienced no difficulty in obtaining a mortgage for this second property, Hoornbos, from Sieur WiUem van Kerkhof, a company official. He provided 1200 rix dollars with the final instalment with interest of a total 438 rix dollars being paid out from Willem's deceased estate. Hoombos was purchased from Pieter van Niekerk in 1743. Citing Transfer 2555 -15/7/1743.. Hereinafter cited as "Willem Stolts of the Cape."