Intje Poetje van Malacca1
M, #16301, b. circa 1660
|BirthOrigin*||Intje was from and was perhaps born there circa 1660.2|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||13 September 1696, the name of Intje was written in the record as Intje Poetje.2|
|Notes||In a letter dated on 9 November 1707 the authorites in Batavia once again inform the government at the Cape that Katzilimuda van Macassar and Dain Majampa Singara both their wives, three slaves, and the Malay Intje Poetje had arrived 'in good order.3'|
|Slave Transactions||On 13 September 1696 Jacob van Macassar was sold by Hendrik Venter to Intje Poetje van Malacca.4|
On 16 January 1698 Ramme van Trancquebaer was sold by Thomas Caspersz to Intje Poetje, for Rds. 65.5
On 6 January 1700 Willem van Balij was sold by Octavius van Macassar to Intje Poetje, for Rds. 50.6
- [S681] Mansell Upham 'Pai Timor - the 'accomodatory' life and times of a 17th century exiled slave family from Timor', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), July 2012. "p.36. 13 December 1698: Intje Poetje van Malacca & Mirra Moor van Ceylon co-purchase erf [1/230 - T455] in Table Valley from A. Coopman [Block H] (7 r 72’) (107,1 sq m) price: f 1380."
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p. 174.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S721] Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope, Letters Received 1695-1708, H.C.V. Leibrandt; CD-ROM (Cape Town, South Africa: W.A. Richards & Sons, Government Printers, 1896), p.456. 1707. 9th Nov. Ships affairs. Supplies for the Cape. Received in good order the late Captain Laout of Gorontale; Kitsjil Moeda, Dain Manjampa Singara, and the Malay Intje Poety, with their wives and slaves, according to our instructions.. Hereinafter cited as Precis of the archives of the Cape of Good Hope.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 174. 13.9.1696, pp. 102-103: Jacob from Macassar (33/34), sold by Hendrik Venter to Free Black Intje Poetje for f 400, Indian valuation.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 182. 16.1.1698, p. 299: Ramme from Trancquebaer (IS), sold by the Rev. Thomas Caspersz on board the Christian us Quintus to the Javanese Intje Poetje for Rds.65.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p. 190. 6.1.1700: Willem from Balij (16), sold by the Free Black Octavio to the Free Black Hentje Poetje for Rds. 50.